SAU Community

Hot Cabin & Low Fuel Milage

Just recently, I've noticed a few changes in my car.

Firstly the Cabin gets really hot even without heater on.

I know the engine is F-Mid mount which means its closer to the cabin but I only recently noticed it.

Any ideas?

Secondly my fuel consumption is very high. I filled up 20 litres last week with BP Ultimate 98RON and only did about 80 km on it. That's insane.

I posted here sometime last year that I was doing between 10-11 Litres per 100km. Now I can barely reach 100km per 20 L !

And honestly, I was not driving hard nor was I on the track! Kept revs at low 3000rpm before changing gears (although in heavy traffic last week).

Time for a Tune you think?

Nothing. Changed to braided brake lines, slotted roters, new pads and new brake fluid. Thats all.

Also changed my oil just over 5000km ago. Using Mobil1 5W-30 and Mobil1 EP oil filter.

I doubt any of these are a factor??

I dont carry much weight in the car, only a few things like essential tools, spare tyre and a pillow. Maybe I lay off the carbs and charcole chicken with garlic sauce for a month. lol

Would a tune help with my fiuel economy?

How's the fuel filter? The air filter? Throttle body gummed up? You sure you used that amount of fuel, or is your car like mine, the fuel gauge has mind of it's own? My car says we have done 100km's on half a tank and then sits at half way until about 260km's, mean while fluctuating in this time. To be safe I fill up at 300km's. I will be cleaning the sensors in the tank soon.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

The brakes aren'y sticking at all. Well doesnt feel like it. I took it to EC a week after installation, and the car stopped lol, so I think it's installed properly.

As for the Throttle body, unless there's a YouTube clip on How-To, that's too advanced for me! Will need to get someone to look at that.

Doing a self service on it next month. I'll see what I can find.