SAU Community

Outer Northside Aspley To Caboolture

RandomHero83

FYI Boost cruising meets are gay, It's more bogan than a Commodore packed full of vb drinking mullet rocking Cabbo natives listening to AC/DC while yelling out the window about how they can cut "Heaps sic skids" in there mum's hand me down VN.

Take it you went on one

On another note, is there anyone from the northside going to motokahna this weekend?, if so can you please let me know as I was thinking of a small cruise down to it

Take it you went on one

On another note, is there anyone from the northside going to motokahna this weekend?, if so can you please let me know as I was thinking of a small cruise down to it

No, was going past Autobarn here and spotted the even they were on about over at Boost Cruising took one look (from the lights above the shop) and kept going

FYI Boost cruising meets are gay, It's more bogan than a Commodore packed full of vb drinking mullet rocking Cabbo natives listening to AC/DC while yelling out the window about how they can cut "Heaps sic skids" in there mum's hand me down VN.

Thought u were going inside, don't turn to the darkside now clint..

Who wants to follow some p platers around in cars with holes threwout to make it sound 'like boss' anyway :S

On a side note, anyone ever had experience with intercooler water sprays? to 'cool the cooler down'.

not me personally, but i know someone who did it to there N16 that they boosted, he used a washer bottle to hold the water and used the pump from the bottle to inject the water, as for the delivery system i think he got a high pressure nozzle to act like a injector, and had it just before the throttle body

i think it ended up spraying a very fine mist to cool the air

from what i remember reading back in the day on fullboost they used a pressure switch so it only turned on over X boost otherwise you would empty the container in 5 seconds...

the biggest issue was getting a fine enough mist using XYZ pump and XYZ nozzle so it doesn't just drench the cooler as that is TOO much water and ruins the cooling effect as the water just sits on it

There are two Item's one being a wiper like nozzle and bottle that spray the intercooler it'self or the water methanol mixture that injects into your intake, Neither are really worth spending money on until your making power.

I am looking into water / methanol injection at present to see if I can run it with my current config and steal another 100hp out of my car (with cams and exhaust cam gear)

Wouldn't bother dude with the water/meth setup. Don't like the setup they come with. Don't know if you remember, but that green 33 that was at work had one in it and the bottle leaked all the time. From what I could tell it was a brand new kit to that the owner installed. I have the C02 sprayer on my car and have not done any test to see if it makes any sort of a difference. As for the water sprayer idea, go to bunnings or a garden shop and buy yourself some irrigation nozzels, get some vac line, or buy a universal washer bottle kit from Repco and use the line and away you go.

I came 4th in the sq novice division of the MEASQ Contest down in Enogera tonight,

Blew 8 fuses in the amp (configured way wrong by installer) so that is being fixed tonight / tomorrow, On the plus side it made 135.6 DB on the in car DB meter before it blew the fuses.

Guy doing it said it should do 140 pretty easy once i fix the screw ups.

Wouldn't bother dude with the water/meth setup. Don't like the setup they come with. Don't know if you remember, but that green 33 that was at work had one in it and the bottle leaked all the time. From what I could tell it was a brand new kit to that the owner installed. I have the C02 sprayer on my car and have not done any test to see if it makes any sort of a difference. As for the water sprayer idea, go to bunnings or a garden shop and buy yourself some irrigation nozzels, get some vac line, or buy a universal washer bottle kit from Repco and use the line and away you go.

Damn eh, let me know how the CO2 goes when you get a chance to test it (with the amount of work you have on I will have blown and rebuilt my engine before you get a spare min to test it) I'll let the idea sit for a while and wait and see what actual results people are getting before I pursue the Idea or go another route.

Hahaha. Yeah...... I know. It will be happenning soon though once i sell the pulsar it'll be off the road and getting done.

Nice,

I may have need of your services to do some voltage testing on this sound system of mine, and check the earthing in the boot. I had a slight bit of alternator noise during the sound off 0 bit track.