SAU Community

clutch problem!!!

i got a manual ( converted from auto ) gts4 R32 and i have some gear changing problems. when in neutral the car makes some scratchy noise like the input shaft bearing, when the clutch is to the floor the sound used to go away ( as to say the shaft has slowed down to change gear) but now it doesn't and its really hard to get it into any gear.. you can get it in gear it just takes a bit of playing and forceing. but when you force it, it won't crunch or anything like that. i tryed bleeding the clutch again it helped alitle bit.. could it be the slave cylinder that pushing the throwout bearing in, not actually pushing it far enough?

any help would be great

not sure on yours, but

Mine does the same thing, if I hold the clutch in it is quiet, but when out it just makes a loud noise like you said. it has been getting louder at idol since I bought it a year ago. I have heard many different things, but just jap said it was the gear box, and that even if they rebuild it, it will probably still make the noise, its just a problem with the boxes, they are noisy

I have the have the clutch pedal box replaced tommorow as it snapped this morning on the way to work(doh! :slap: ) and am going to ask the clutch place about it.

Yeah noticed that mine makes the same noise (93 R33) like a fast rattling sound when clutch is totally out, but once clutch is in it dissapears, have not been bothered to research it any more because it has been sitting on three wheels for about 2 weeks and now it is at the workshop getting fixed.

i have the same prob also, i was told that it was a dryed-out throwout bearing that can be fixed easly, just havent had the chance to see if it actually is or not.

How much would getting the box "done" range from?

Also does this noise mean that this will need to be done in the near future, or is it just a noise that it makes?

Thanks

Well we'll soon see as mine is a R33 makes this noise, if it ever breaks we know it aint indestructable :) But I wont expecting them to be, but then again, I dont do "hard" launches or drive around like I'm on a racetrack, yet :D

yeah i'll post some off tonight for ya. its nothing special, i only paid 12g's for it in very stock condition. its was auto but after finding some contacts for parts i changed it to manual. i got some pics of that too.. funniest thing you'll EVER see. :)