SAU Community

My Soarer Is Starting And Stopping..

Hey,

im having an issue with my toyota soarer, when ever i go to start it the car will rev to 1,100 for about 1 sec then it slowly dies and stalls.

its taking about 4 times to start it but when the car is up and running it is absoltly fine.

revs perfectly and no problems after trying about 3 times..

iv checked my vacum lines and they all seem fine?

thanks alex<BR clear=all>

Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaa Socrates!!!! Where'd you hear that :P

Seriously though OP why ask that here on a skylines forum??

As socs said it sounds like your ecu caps are busted. Go to passenger door, pull up the carpet..

Unbolt the black cover. Unbolt the ENGINE ecu. It's the one on the right.

If you see some greasy crap pooled around that smells like cat pee... There's your problem.

Take it to an electronics repair shop. Get them to replace your capacitors. Should be about 100 odd dollars .. Or take to jaycar buy your own caps and do it yourself.. Personally I wouldnt do this myself...

Failing that ... There could be a problem with your fuel pump ecu..

Hold on I'll link you on how to diagnose that..

Ps don't ask soarer questions here man you're lucky there's a soarer nerd on deck :P

Okay as for the possible fuel pump ecu problem... I won't bother linking you to it because it's too hard explain.. Reading about it gives me a headache so if you want to either fix / diagnose your car, PM me your number and I'll give you a call and we'll take it from there

Okay as for the possible fuel pump ecu problem... I won't bother linking you to it because it's too hard explain.. Reading about it gives me a headache so if you want to either fix / diagnose your car, PM me your number and I'll give you a call and we'll take it from there

What a helpful young lad. Rowan, you would make your mum proud. Haha

Mums just sold her soarer.. It gets picked up next saturday so then we'll only have two :(

We need another jap car to replace it...

E51 elgrand??? :)

Sold to Matty? If so, I told him to buy it!! (I ended up buying an AU falcodore, 99 model 158km $2500 - couldn't resist.. Thanks though!)

Yeah Matt bought it... He told me Lachlan told him about it, I was like.. Erm... How did lachlan know we were planing on selling OLOLOLOL

And yes very happy that we sold a car without putting it on the market!!! I think he'll be a proud owner :)

there is no reason for oil to be in the diagnostics port :/

you are talking about THIS right?

http://www.soarerworld.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10634&stc=1&d=1149099019

^^^that's a diagnostics port, it's in the engine bay and it's next to the intake manifold.. or are you confused with something else...?

and did you call me from someone else's phone? a girls phone? :/

oh and sorry i missed the call man, I'm.. not very well today and was passd out in bed

Edited by Mr Eps

yeah in that port, it has a grease build up.

i rang u off my girlfriends phone. my number is 0419175496,

i cant check the car tonight because i dont have the keys on me but ill send u a photo msg showing you the grease.

thanks