SAU Community

Should They Stay

What do you guys think.

I have just purchased a 300GT sedan, it has monsoon shields on it. Although they are not very large, I think it would look better with out them.

To me they give it a clutterd look.

post-80662-0-90757900-1301990355_thumb.jpg

post-80662-0-92555900-1301990367_thumb.jpg

What do you guys think.

I have just purchased a 300GT sedan, it has monsoon shields on it. Although they are not very large, I think it would look better with out them.

To me they give it a clutterd look.

post-80662-0-90757900-1301990355_thumb.jpg

post-80662-0-92555900-1301990367_thumb.jpg

They are useful when raining and you can still open the window abit.

If you are only after the look, I agree the car will look better without them.

I will remove them if it's up to me. :)

Edited by VNS 24

Nice looking car man!!

It would look better without them but they do serve a useful purpose, at least for me. When it's raining and the cars full of kids I always like to crack the window a tad.

Also when it's hot and you're parked up you can leave the window down slightly and you can't easily see it. And when you first take off and the interiors about 100 degrees you can have the window down abit, the hot air is exhausted quicker letting the aircon cool you down quicker without outside air being blasted in. They do work well and at least they're thin, but I also think the stag gets away with them better than your V, having a big square butt and all :wub: .

I removed mine...just be warned...they are a B&^%* to remove. I left a fair few scratches on mine after they were completely removed. The double sided tape is pretty much fused to the car over the years...

Id leave them on, before even reading your post I opened the pics and I didn't notice them since your v looks clean and very nice as is, plus there good for rainy humid days and all that plus there bitches to remove.

Cobey, notice now the ones on the silver car are nearly black? Factory ones are usually brown...... and also the silver car has been de-chromed....

The reason they look out of place is because they cover the chrome line around the window. Buy a chrome strip overlay to reproduce the chrome line ontop of the shields and it wont look so bad.

I had the same dillema, didnt like the look of them and kept bumping them with my hand in drive thrus....... so tried to remove them and just made a mess of the chromework underneath - that tape has had 10 years to cure!! So I went out and bought some 3M tape and put the things back on. Turns out they are very convenient to have on rainy days, and they stop wind buffeting at higher speeds with windows down.

Unless you are prepared to buy new chromework for your window surrounds, I would leave them. Just wrap them in black vinyl or something to get rid of the brownness.

Edited by Trick V35