SAU Community

Electronic Boost Controllers?

honestly man, I have had the eboost, gizzmo , evcr and profec b and the best one by a long shoot, IMHO, is the profec b you can get them on ebay from japan for about $200-$250

Let us know how the Gizzmo gos once you've got that installed/tuned. For $300 you can't go wrong... well you can, but not if it's good.

I'll report back after saturday when it gets installed, boost set then the pfc retuned for the boost curve.

Like i said, not expecting peak power gains but a better mid range. I did heaps of reading and finally settled on the Gizzmo unit. My choices were Greddy Profec B II, HKS EVC, HKS EVC-S, Blitz Dual SBC ID3 and the Gizzmo.

I've had the Greddy Profec B II before and it was a great unit (on another car) but thought i'd try something else this time. Was going to get the Blitz unit due to Status' quote below but in another thread he mentions he finds no difference in boost ramp rate between the Gizzmo and the Blitz dual solenoid so i decided to save the 300 bucks cheers.gif

Quote from Status

Any Blitz dual solenoid in my experience works the best (gain wise), i have plenty of graphs i could post up but i rate the boost controllers as follows;

1. BLITZ dual solenoid (type R, ID, IDIII or I-color) But i find the i-color is a bit too gadgety.

2. Gizzmo MSIBC (black with blue display) (awesome controller with closed loop boost control and cheap)

3. TRUST Profec b SPEC 2 (great controller, easy to set up)

Yeah you gotta watch out for those, not having enough experience to pick them out I just steer clear of eBay. I might just skim through every now and then to see what an average price for something is but chances of me actually buying something from there are slim to none.

Had my gizzmo ms-ibc installed and set today. PFC didn't need a retune as the boost curve change wasn't drastic.

What can i say, easy to use and install (though i didn't do the install as i was lazy haha).

Had the thing perfectly set in about 10 shootout runs and that includes a few muck around ones too. Once you get used to the instructions, it's piss easy to use.

Holds boost a wee bit better than my old PFC boost controller kit did, and boost comes on better thanks to gain settings. My power curve through mid range basically lifted up about 12rwkws. I also now no longer have time to make a coffee when i shift gears and give it a little.

Curiously picked up a few kw's peak power too even though running pretty much the same boost. It shouldn't be dyno variance as my last tune was 241rwkw, and then i de-tuned it further myself on the road to avoid some intermittent knocking.

Really like the unit, the only thing missing is probably overboost cut in my eyes (it only has overboost warning).