SAU Community

Best Bang For Buck On V35 Exhaust Kits

Hi guys i want to put a exhaust kit on my 2003 V. I was looking at a HKS kit but its prity pricy and just wanted to know if anyone knows of a better alternative to a HKS kit that is going to give me the same sweet sound that a HKS will, and also does anyone have any vids of the end result as i have only seen a few G5's on youtube.

for the budget conscious:

http://www.xforce.co...Nissan&model=34

Got quoted $1475 for the system (includes X pipe etc) from them. I think with the $US rate at the moment - people should dig into the overseas market. I saw a Borla true dual catback for $US1,100 a few weeks ago. Shipping was $US 300 - all up still works out cheaper than the X Force. Nonetheless, I've heard the X Force in action and it does sound good - also supports the local boys, which is always a good thing thumbsup.gif

exoticspeed r1-t pwr i had it on my v, beautiful sound, sold it to a sau memeber for his v msged me when he put it on and he also loves it. around 1.1-.1.2k mark i got it at (estimate ill have to check actual price) but i think its lower now since better aud to usd.

yeh i was quoted just under 2k for a HKS cat back system. If anyone knows a good shop on the central coast or north shore syd let me know

Does any one know any local exhausts for the sedan or and from Japan

I’m just pricing some up out of the states (stillan) and these prices are ok but I would rather go local and keep my money here

with the current YEN and USD exchange rate, it's much cheaper to get the exhaust from the US, even with sea freight the shipment from japan is quite costly.

heard some clips on youtube with 350z having the megan exhaust systems. but can't really tell by just the free-revving sounds coz some exhaust sounds good revved but are sh!thouse driving normally coz they drone around the 1.5-2.5k rpm

u can get single tanabe systems delivered from the states for under 800$AU at the moment with the exchange rate

460x345_T70082.jpg

Edited by GeNOS

I have the Tanabe Medalion Touring dual cat back exhaust system. Was on the car when I got the car. But it's great, no drone and under acceleration it sounds brilliant. Nice chrome tips too.

Have you looked at any of the japanese options, dont know if i'd trust HKS USA. The Kakimoto Cat back Twin Exhaust is around $1300-1400 shipped to aus. Most of the single systems are around the $900 mark shipped. I like the look of the GP Sports Exas Evo Tune twin cat back, but im still waiting on a price for that one.... could always get one of the amuse titanium exhausts if you want to spend like $5000 haha.

Gosh they are some high priced exhaust, I suppose they are quality, a replica HKS true dual headers back is not much more than 400 shipped from USA, pm me if you want a link. why you would want an exhaust confuses me but best of luck!

Edited by Texas G

Gosh they are some high priced exhaust, I suppose they are quality, a replica HKS true dual headers back is not much more than 400 shipped from USA, pm me if you want a link. why you would want an exhaust confuses me but best of luck!

street cred yo' :lol: