SAU Community

Need Some Lca Lengths.

gday fellas! hope your weekend is off to a flying start :)

just halfway through converting the front of my C210 to S13 coilovers and knuckles. the silvia lower control arms are too short and give the car a very aggressive positive camber!!

just wondering if you guys could measure yours over the weekend for me? lets go with from the hole where you bolt it to the car to the pin that goes in the knuckle.

gday fellas! hope your weekend is off to a flying start :)

just halfway through converting the front of my C210 to S13 coilovers and knuckles. the silvia lower control arms are too short and give the car a very aggressive positive camber!!

just wondering if you guys could measure yours over the weekend for me? lets go with from the hole where you bolt it to the car to the pin that goes in the knuckle.

Let me know how it goes ey, cause i want coilovers in mine so much more handling with stiff suspension lol

have a look in my build thread. in a recent post i show how easy it is to make s13 ones work in the rear. when i figure out the recipe for the fronts i will be letting everyone know dont worry.

s14 are 15mm longer then s13

r31 are shorter then s13

r30 is longer then s13, not sure how much tho as mine have been modifed to adjust track/camber. i can measure some stock ones when i get around to the other shed.

r33 use different ball joint to s13 but are 15mm longer too im pretty sure, can just press out ball joint to change tho.

so im thinking either s14 or r30 lca, s13 knuckles/hubs/brake, can't use stock s13 struts because the spring od is too big for c210 strut tunnel so have to use coilovers.

what tie rods are you planing on using or will stock ones work?

cheers for the info mate!

well im using the s13 coilovers, knuckles, hubs and brakes that already have sumitomo calipers fitted which is the bonus. ill see if i can borrow an s14 LCA for a test fit.

if i cant find one long enough, im going to have to buy adjustable ones so i can wind it right out.

once i get the LCA sorted ill be able to tell if the tie rods can be adjusted to the right length or not. the tie rod ends look the same on both C210 and s13 so compatibility with the knuckle shouldnt be an issue.

i have adjustable castor arms from the s13 as well. as where the C210 castor arm blots to the LCA is different, im going to have to cut the C210 one in half and tap a thread on the end of the bit that bolts to the car. then remove the car end of the s13 one and screw the modded datsun half into it. does that make sense? lol.

thanks again Gordie.

i have seen adaptors somewhere to bolt onto the s13 castor arm at the bush end to make them fit the stock body bracket, might of been on a ae86 as the have similar set up.

other wise r31 castor arms bolt up to s13/14 lca's so mabye some adj r31 ones might be the go?

what swaybar set up will you run? my mate has a s13 one in his c110 so should fit c210, he just needed to modify the links slightly.

you'll be running those 18's in the pic in the other thread? pretty sure 15's are min for s13 brakes if anyone else was planning on doing the converion.

what swaybar set up will you run? my mate has a s13 one in his c110 so should fit c210, he just needed to modify the links slightly.

are you saying a S13 will fit a KHGC110 or a HGC110 ?

What thickness is it (standard or aftermarket ), since I know nothing about these later cars, is it from a 180SX / 200SX or are the same ?

I'm looking for a thicker one for my coupe

Nigel

Edited by noddle

are you saying a S13 will fit a KHGC110 or a HGC110 ?

What thickness is it (standard or aftermarket ), since I know nothing about these later cars, is it from a 180SX / 200SX or are the same ?

I'm looking for a thicker one for my coupe

Nigel

Tom has one on his green coupe, we'll im 99% sure thats what he put on, it was either that or a r31 one. he just needed to change the swaybar links a little.

i think s13 bars are 20mm

If your after a even bigger one then r32 gtr ones (25mm i tihnk) are used to upgrade in s13's so you'd think they would fit to.

i think s13 bars are 20mm

standard S13 are 24.9mm, standard 240K are 21 ish

I've been doing a heap of research, it looks like it should fit, so I'm chasing one to see..

Nigel