SAU Community

Cold Start Problem

StevenCJR31

hi guys, have trouble starting my 32 GTS-t (RB20DET) when its cold and runs poorly till its warmed up a bit, took out the sensor with the yellow top ,near front of manifold ,and its broken! is this the cold start sensor and where can i get a new one in perth?

if its the one in top radiator hose (solid section that bolts to the motor) then its the coolant temp sender for the ecu and will cause some problems if its farked. not sure where you can get a new one but could try a second hand one, they're pretty reliable

if its the one in top radiator hose (solid section that bolts to the motor(YEP IT IS THAT ONE)) then its the coolant temp sender for the ecu and will cause some problems if its farked. not sure where you can get a new one but could try a second hand one, they're pretty reliable

yar,very cautious bout using secondhand 20 yo sensors ,mite be as borked as mine but looks like that might be the way i hafta go

Yes, RB20 & RB26 is the same (yellow), R33 RB25 is brown and Neo seems to be blue. I've used an RB25 sensor with an RB20 ECU and it wasn't happy.

thanks for that guys, will give repco a go as they are just up the road from me

Don't bother with repco, I work there, we don't stock such a part for an import. Each store would be 10x the size it is if we stocked something specific as a coolant temp sensor for an imported skyline!

+1 for nissan.

Don't bother with repco, I work there, we don't stock such a part for an import. Each store would be 10x the size it is if we stocked something specific as a coolant temp sensor for an imported skyline!

+1 for nissan.

i tried repco joondalup and they dont stock tridon stuff BUT he cross referenced it with another catalog and reckons a pulsar N15 one is the same and costs $43, will compare that price with DVG parts in bassendean when i givem a call monday

I have one that I no works u can have for 20 if u come pick if up txg or call 0411698969 cheers brenno

hi brenno, thankyou for the offer but i will try the new option first and give you a call if that falls through, thanks mate