SAU Community

Led Conversions

yer those triple gauges look nice, i don't have a screen, an i dont plan on getting one so i wanna see if i can fit the gauges to the position that they are fitted in in the Gtt. Any ideas to make it an easy job? :P

It's not hard to do. Just remember the basic rule "Measure twice, cut once".

• 2 weeks later...

what do you think about those aftermarket mountable ones, not the genuine gtt ones but like the ones you can get off ebay?

It's not hard to do. Just remember the basic rule "Measure twice, cut once".

really? dayyyyyyyymmmmmmmm, maybe i should get one of those side mounting thingozz? what do you think?

i just dont wanna risk cutting my car into peices, and then finding out i did it wrong, no fixing that :S

They fit terribly :/

really? dayyyyyyyymmmmmmmm, maybe i should get one of those side mounting thingozz? what do you think?

i just dont wanna risk cutting my car into peices, and then finding out i did it wrong, no fixing that :S

Nothing will look as good as the factory gauge holder. There is a DIY on here that shows you exactly where to cut. As long as you cut smaller than you think, it's always possible to trim a little more off ;) Or take it to an upholsterer and show them the pictures from the DIY, they will easily be able to do it.

• 7 years later...
On 5/25/2011 at 9:37 PM, Hanaldo said:

Word of advice if you want to try white, it's not straightforward. The factory gauges have a blueish film over them, so when you put white light behind them it actually looks pale blue. Doesn't affect other colours.

I know it's been 7 years since this thread has had activity. But is there any way to get rid of the film. I have a series 2 which is orange and I recently put led behind them. They emit a yellow tinge now. Is there any way to get rid of the tinge?

From my experience you won’t be able to see anything if the gloves are any other colour except for white, yellow or blue.

Also keep in mind LEDs can sometimes be super bright which can be a distraction at night!