SAU Community

Gold Coast guys - Caliper Painting this Sunday

Spectrix

Thanks for your time spectrix i had a great time pity we didnt have a couple more cars for ya....

i've got some pics of today ill post up

This is nexus' and my wheels off

http://users.bigpond.net.au/r33man/no-wheels.jpg

nexus being painted, the nissan writing hasnt been done yet

http://users.bigpond.net.au/r33man/nexus-i...in-progress.jpg

My car with the caliper painted

http://users.bigpond.net.au/r33man/mine-in...in-progress.jpg

Ska's before its painted

http://users.bigpond.net.au/r33man/ska-before.jpg

Ska's finished caliper which is a green tree frog colour hehe my camera picked it up as yellow but its only a small camera on my phone so u cant expect much :)

http://users.bigpond.net.au/r33man/ska-finished.jpg

This is ska trying to get his wheel off hehe

http://users.bigpond.net.au/r33man/ska-wheel.jpg

And lastely heres a pic of mine finished

http://users.bigpond.net.au/r33man/mine-finished.jpg

They are the best i could do with my camera phone, spectrix and nexus got better pics on their proper cameras.

Cheers,

Matt

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah HUGE thanks Spectrix, awesome work, I LOVE IT!

Cant wait till Nex/Spec post some pics, I am tre happy, SUPER HAPPY FUN TIME!

very nice! Even though its relatively easy to do, makes a big difference to the overall look of the car doesn't it?

hmmm..the hubs as well hey... /me runs outside and starts prepping car to do the hubs :) Nah, but maybe one day :)

cyrus: yours looks mad like that.. good choice of colour!

Yeah Joel that pic of mine you took looks Rad doesnt it! cant wait for the "action" shot of mine become viewable :)

That "action" shot of MJ's looks awesome!

What can i say, awesome outcome, money well spent, workmanship and value for money, AWESOME! Very proffessional finish and all I had to do were remove the tyres!

Thanks a lot for your time Joel, sorry we could only provide three, good luck next time, if anyone asks who did mine, I'll point them firmly in your direction!

The centre part is the hub facia- in 99% of cases I paint them as they're rusty or just look bad. On skylines they're usually black (at least they used to be black but have turned brown. ) On some theres also a horrible crusty bit right in the centre that I clean out and paint to prevent it from rusting any further. Some lines are in better shape than others.

Yeah theres a few good action shots that mindflux took from in my car.

I was having trouble uploading with optus FTP last night though, i'll try again tonight.

BTW, how come you guys always call me Joel? I don't mind really, but it's Joey :wavey:

Doh sorry Joey, I gotta learn to spell too, I swear it was joel, oh well one leter wawy isnt too bad :)

Still awesome work on mine, VERY happy with it, I want to drive past some buildings with reflective windows so I can see what it looks like going along, still very very happy with my gloworms :O

Close ups of Ska's "Hulk" stylee calipers and hubs.....

Thanks heap Nex for posting those, as everyone can see now before, during and after the whole transformation, if anyone wants a truely proffessional job done and couldn't be bothered doing it themselfs, Joey is definatly your man!

Yeah but now I need new wheels so you can see the calipers better

oh and Joey is the bomb...... people if you want a professional factory type job done then Joey is your man.

Factory? Hey! I'm not taking any lessons of the factory, they have no idea what they're doing.

Special thanks to you for the use of the carpark too mate.

Here are some more pictrues:

Cyrus's glow worms:

a0030.jpg

Matts pride & joy:

a0028.jpg

Nexus I agree you need more open wheels to show off your calipers:

a0029.jpg

Cyrus Boots it!

a0026.jpg

Last but not least...

a0024.jpg