SAU Community

New Engine Build Idea

Im not trying to burst your bubble here but as mid life crisis said I wouldnt build this with any kind of reliable performance in mind..

if you are building it purely for nostalgia sake you would be better off just grabbing an old supercharger off ebay and sticking a holley on top should only cost a couple of grand.. I wouldnt even worry about what power it made just make it work..

Its up to you mate but you either have a lot of cash to burn or your just plain crazy :laugh:

Lil bit crazy i guess, money isn't to much of an issue as it will be a long term project. I'm not really concerned about performance to much, but it will just be a weekend car and maybe see the strip twice a year. Thanks for the help guys, really appreciated.

I guess you live in one of the states the doesnt allow v8's in LC/LJ Rana's anymore?

I have seen plenty of Blown red motors...and I can think of only one that goes ok and even then it breaks all the time.

My advice would be a 265 valiant 6 with injection.

I can tell you now that you could spend 20k on a blown red motor and you still wont be as quick as the Mopar 6

i know a guy with a supercharged either 186 or 202 (not entirely sure). he has it in a track car (old holden of some sort, can't remember). it's not the most powerful thing in the world. only makes about 200hp. it's only running a carby though.