SAU Community

External Wastegate Explained...

I noticed last year that my external gate was making a shuttering noise while going into boost. Sometimes at full boost it would make the noise. It almost sound like the valve was moving up and down really fast while still controlling boost?? There is a adjustment on top of the gate that looks like it controls preloud. Im sure adjusting that would fix the issue but then again im not certain. can anyone shed light

mods are

-rb25 with a built bottom end

-wiseco pistons 0.040 over

-eagle rods

-gt35 ebay turbo (57 or 59mm)

-stec manifold

-single 50mm wastegate with vband

-3 inch dp exhaust.

250398_226872794005886_100000495017986_980831_1948875_n.jpg

251054_226873084005857_100000495017986_980836_1404243_n.jpg

246784_226873217339177_100000495017986_980837_5548474_n.jpg

247457_228911273802038_100000495017986_998680_962960_n.jpg

Is the gate a fried rice special too?

What brand is it?

The gate is a rice patty special. I went ahead and added tension on the spring. Guess it was opening to early.

Its the barney brand(purple dinasour)

sounds like you need yourself a non rice special wastegate

So what would you say if I had a name brand gate? Worthless remarks make these forums tasteless......A simple suggestion would work. Im not sure about you guys but I help support the chinese....haayyeeeee ahhhh!!

i got so distracted by the pictures i forgot the question

Is it that bad? I actually thought I did pretty good =) Thats what I get for thinking right....

You probably wouldnt be asking the question if you had a real gate

Your right Zebra....If I had a name brand gate it would be pre adjusted right?? I just wanna fit in guys. I promise to sell this working wastegate and purchase a $550 usd gate so I will be accepted....I promise.

This thread is now full of useless comments. Just delete it please.

Edited by meet07

The point everyone is trying to make is that Chinese knockoff gates aren't the best quality and while sometimes the quality of the knockoff stuff doesn't matter, when it comes to wastegates it does. The operating conditions are extreme to say the least and often the materials used in the manufacture of the diaphragms etc is not up to the task.

What about when it shits itself and sticks shut, pumps 40psi into your engine and grenades it, are you still going to defend the special fried rice?

What about when it shits itself and sticks shut, pumps 40psi into your engine and grenades it, are you still going to defend the special fried rice?

Ebay GT35 turbo will go bang first

The point everyone is trying to make is that Chinese knockoff gates aren't the best quality and while sometimes the quality of the knockoff stuff doesn't matter, when it comes to wastegates it does. The operating conditions are extreme to say the least and often the materials used in the manufacture of the diaphragms etc is not up to the task.

hence why they are cheap poorly made and poor quality

It always surprises me when people spend good money on an engine, only to install a very cheap critical item that can completely destroy it.

Would you buy the best bungee harness, best bungee rope, and then buy the cheapest chinese fittings to connect the rope to your harness that you could find on ebay, then go bungee jumping, with lots of faith?

I certainly wouldn't.

Then they blame SAU for tasteless comments and say its a bad place to be.

Edited by The Mafia

It always surprises me when people spend good money on an engine, only to install a very cheap critical item that can completely destroy it.

Would you buy the best bungee harness, best bungee rope, and then buy the cheapest chinese fittings to connect the rope to your harness that you could find on ebay, then go bungee jumping, with lots of faith?

I certainly wouldn't.

Then they blame SAU for tasteless comments and say its a bad place to be.

Or would you spend 10k on a hooker, get a penthouse suite, the best malt whisky, then buy the cheapest prophylactic you could find

And all im trying to say is that not every part sold on ebay is junk. Ive already torn the gate apart and looked over everything. The diapram is thick and durable and the material used to put the gate together is well constructed. I mean really guys....how hard is it to make a gate. You think people manufature stuff and sell it on ebay b/c its gonna blow everyones engine up......Im certain that if my gate wanted to build 40psi I would definetly feel it before it happens. The diapram would almost have to be gone in order for this to happen.