SAU Community

Australian Gt

Whiplash

When I mention no restrictions I mean running in actual FIA regs, at the moment all Aust GT cars are put the the dreaded 'parity' to dumb them down to make sure the gentlemen drivers are able to be competitive.

even in FIA spec they use inlet restrictors...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supercars are far from being slow.

Everyone says they are behind the world blah blah.

Take the tire away from the GT, take the aero away, take the presumably huge HP away and add a tonne of ballast then see how they fair.

The regulations put on supercar engineers to build a car restricts them from being anywhere near as potent as what they could potentially be. It's the category, its really incomparable to any GT category they are not even built remotely the same way.

I'm sure it was viable any of the top teams could put together a v8 supercar and slap it top 5 of a GT grid. But then it wouldn't be a supercar anymore.......

Those were some funny cars weren't they!

Let's throw a stupidly large engine at a car that doesn't handle all that greatly and watch it storm up the mountain with a few lunatic drivers puckering their arse cheeks lap after lap.

Then let's make a mockery of the entire field with an almost BYO rulebook.

Gotta love motor racing.

i think when they start racing, that v8 lap time will show just how slow the v8 supertaxis are compered to the rest of the world.

it will cause alot of bogans to rethink there holden/ford loyalty.

only because they are too stupid to realise that comparing a car from 1 racing category to another is pointless. anyone with half a brain will realise that it is the category regulations that play a massive part in how fast the car is rather than the actual potential of the car. without regulations i'd hazard a guess that a v8 supercar could nudge the 2 minute dead barrier.

risking, i don't think i have ever call them unsophisticated and i don't know anyone who has seen them up close who has called them unsophisticated.

mad, not the point i was making, most bogans still believe that what they see on the tv is the same car that you can buy down the street for $60,000. :ermm:

read the Comments mad and you will see my Comments where not out of line.

Race 1 from sandown.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?20/11/2011.SAN.R4

Hackett late to grid so relegated to rear of grid instead of pole.

Eddy spun the Audi on the warm up lap

Sandown looks like a good spot for the Viper to stretch its 8.3L legs, can't wait to see it next year after the parity police have gone :thumbsup:

risking, i don't think i have ever call them unsophisticated and i don't know anyone who has seen them up close who has called them unsophisticated.

mad, not the point i was making, most bogans still believe that what they see on the tv is the same car that you can buy down the street for $60,000. :ermm:

i had read the comments and my first sentence agrees with what you were saying. the rest was just a general troll to see if v8 haters (such as GTR fanbois who are stuck in 1992) would bite, LOL.

I love this comment:

"Considerably quicker? Two seconds or 2 presses of the space bar isnt an eon in time."

Lol! 2 seconds a lap is nothing less than an eternity.

I love this comment:

"Considerably quicker? Two seconds or 2 presses of the space bar isnt an eon in time."

Lol! 2 seconds a lap is nothing less than an eternity.

and a metric buttload of money (especially in a car meeting race specifications)

2012 Australian GT Championship Calendar

Round Date Venue Event Race Format

1 Mar 1 - 4 Adelaide V8 Supercar – Clipsal 500 1 x 1hr & 1 x 30min

2 May 25 - 27 Phillip Island Shannons Nationals 2 x 1hr

3 Jun 22 - 24 Winton Shannons Nationals 2 x 1hr

4 Jul 13 - 15 Eastern Creek Shannons Nationals 2 x 1hr

5 Sep 21 - 23 Phillip Island Shannons Nationals 2 x 1hr

6 Oct 19 - 21 Surfers Paradise V8 Supercar – Gold Coast 600 2 x 40 mins

7 Nov 30 – Dec 2 Homebush V8 Supercar – Sydney 500 2 x 40 mins

• Every race of the Championship will be an optional two driver event.

• Every race of the Championship will include a timed Compulsory Pit Stop.

• The calendar represents a 30% increase in track time.

Television

It is proposed that each round of the Championship will include a 1hr television package plus an option

for a live broadcast from both the Gold Coast & Homebush events.

Additional Events

The category is currently researching the possibility of conducting a non-championship event in New

Zealand.

Tyres

The category is currently seeking Expressions of Interest from tyre manufacturers with a view of

moving to a multiple tyre supplier rule.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1068889_aston-martin-v12-vantage-gt3-enters-testing-phase

what are the chances of one of these coming over when it's ready?

Tony Quinn has 1 on order :thumbsup:

another 2 Audi's have landed in the country ready for next year.

Private test day at Winton last week saw one do some laps and the 2nd 458GT3 test

3rd Lp600/560 landed and raced at Sandown for Maranello Motorsports (yours for $440K)

Tony Quinn has 1 on order :thumbsup:

another 2 Audi's have landed in the country ready for next year.

Private test day at Winton last week saw one do some laps and the 2nd 458GT3 test

3rd Lp600/560 landed and raced at Sandown for Maranello Motorsports (yours for $440K)

sweet!!!!!