Australian Gt

Whiplash

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not here in Canberra :(

sorry got late notice that it was on tv

commentators talking up a GT3 Nissan GTR coming next year, I hear they are limiting build numbers to 10 units for the 2012 season, and with Super GT regs for GT300 moving to GT3 regs for 2012 there are a number of teams that have higher priority to get cars, out of the remaining cars can't see the Aust GT being a high profile championship to sell into

Hopefully i'm wrong as will be good to have another new car up there competing.

Will be scouting out as many teams as possible at sandown, and those that don't talk at the track will be well liquored at the vodka o after party :thumbsup:

:-) 2nd SLS officially announced today, James Brock will be behind the wheel.

Maranello Motorsport's also announced factory backing from Michelotto running the 458GT3

The have also brought the 2nd LP600 Gallardo in the country from the Macau GT series in China, hopefully it finds a buyer pre Bathurst 12 Hr / Clipsal

Clipsal schedule for GT's released today

1 Hour Race Saturday Night, 30 min race Sunday morning

A lot of talk that the Clipsal grid will be supported by many of the international cars from the 12hr, make sense to stay an extra week and compete one of the best street circuits (may be a bit biased there)

Got a message from a mate the 458GT3 did a 2.06.63 in its first shake down day at the Mountain (0.2 faster than the fastest V8 Lap) :devil:

next year the unrestricted cars should shake a few of the V8 feathers :banana:

Got a message from a mate the 458GT3 did a 2.06.63 in its first shake down day at the Mountain (0.2 faster than the fastest V8 Lap) :devil:

next year the unrestricted cars should shake a few of the V8 feathers :banana:

Down to a 2.04.9 from the 458GT3 :whistling:

I had a good look over a 458 road car today. Can see where the race cars get their pace from.

Mr whiplash how much more power will the unrestricted cars have? And what is restricted on them currently?

I had a good look over a 458 road car today. Can see where the race cars get their pace from.

Mr whiplash how much more power will the unrestricted cars have? And what is restricted on them currently?

When I mention no restrictions I mean running in actual FIA regs, at the moment all Aust GT cars are put the the dreaded 'parity' to dumb them down to make sure the gentlemen drivers are able to be competitive.

So as it ran over the weekend is how it will rock up to the 12 hour, although will more than likely be a tad slower with different compound tires and in enduro speck.

post-26183-0-78537700-1321269979_thumb.jpg

not really I don't think...everyone like that assumes that Fezza's and Lambos etc are super dooper quick.....its the jap stuff and BMW & Merc they think are slow/weak etc.

If the R35 GT3 gets up towards the pointy end, they will be up in arms lol