SAU Community

Australian Gt

Whiplash

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New 2012 'R8 LMS GT3 Ultra'

Talk that Mark Eddy may be looking at updating his 2010 R8 to this latest spec for last year.

Was reading up on the R8 LMS and it has some very impressive stats, in the last 3 years they have won 115 races and 12 international / national races!

The Lambo 5.2L V10 has a life of 20,000km prior to rebuilds, which isn't bad for a productions based engine with 570hp

Another new GT3 car due out in the next 2 weeks, but more on that later :thumbsup:

post-26183-0-56231700-1322952126_thumb.jpg

Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour

PROVISIONAL ENTRY LIST (As of December 7th, 2011)

Class A – GT3 Outright

Lago Racing – Lamborghini Gallardo LP600 GT3

Consolidated Chemical Co. Racing – Lamborghini LP560 GT3

Maranello Motorsport – Ferrari F458 GT3

Clearwater Racing – Ferrari F458 GT3

Phoenix Racing – Audi R8 LMS GT3

Phoenix Racing – Audi R8 LMS GT3

United Autosport – Audi R8 LMS GT3

Black Falcon – Mercedes Benz SLS GT3

Black Falcon – Mercedes Benz SLS GT3

Bar One World – Mosler MT900

Class B – GT3

Motorsport Services – Porsche 996 GT3 Cup Car

Motorsport Services – Porsche 997 GT3 Cup Car

Tinkler Motorsports – Porsche 997 GT3 Cup Car

Class C – GT4

Planbuild Homes – Lotus Exige S

Simply Sports Cars – Lotus Exige S

Paul Freestone – Chevrolet Corvette ZO6

Class D – Production (High Performance)

Motorsport Services – BMW 135i

Motorsport Services – BMW 135i

James Atkinson – HSV GTS

GWS Motorsport – BMW 335i

Maximum Motorsport – Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Class E – Production (Performance)

GWS Motorsport – BMW 130i

GWS Motorsport – BMW 130i

Racer Industries – HSV Astra VXR

Adam Dodd – Ford Falcon XR8

Class I1 – Invitational (Petrol up to 2000cc)

Ric Shaw – Mazda RX-7

Bruce Lynton MINI Garage – Mini Cooper S JCW

Class I4 – Invitational (Diesel)

Red Camel Jordans – Seat Leon Super Copa 2.0

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts

• rebuilding is a straightforward option too, the only thing to keep in mind is non-genuine boots are likely to be much worse quality rubber and need replacing about 10x as often.
    • Yeah, great guy that Matt, giving very comprehensive emails with quick responses. He told me it’ll be plug and play for the ECU, which may potentially get me out on track at 600kph by the end of the month or June.    Anyone wanna buy a HKS SLD..
    • I was looking into the uniclutch, as something that doesn't rattle, dampens and holds horsepower is the dream.   They didn't seem super confident on the power holding though.  Could just be covering themselves, which is understandable.   "The 10in sport Uniclutch can handle a peak of 1100Nm at the flywheel, not sure how that translates to HP. As for the power output of your engine, I would suggest holding for the UniClutch Track, I feel the 1000HP will have a higher torque rating then what the Sport will be able to handle, We have fitted prototype track clutches to a number of street/track test vehicles now and have found pedal effort to be reasonable. It is very similar to OE pedal feel. and would fall within the torque capacity of the Uniclutch Track."   The track clutch loses the dampening and rattles(?) I believe though.... don't quote me
    • I think this is applicable for most. My car was ~2,000,000 JPY in 2020 Total expenses are around ~5,000,000 JPY excluding fuel. Selling price could be anywhere between ~5,000,000 JPY to ~7,000,000 JPY depending on how desperate the American. Sure, I could have stored it in that time but there are still storage costs “carry costs” as we call it in industry - insurance, garage, electricity, maintenance, etc. and possibly made 100% (nominal return), but I don’t think that’s why most of us are here. Apologies for the deviation.     
    • I don’t think they’re rated to hold that power