SAU Community

R33 Engine Troubles

Nate85

Hi guys

I've recently started having some troubles with my R33, the other day I was driving along and went to accelerate in 2nd, after about 2500rpm I felt like I was pushing down on a bubble, I released my foot instead of forcing through it, changed up and about 2 seconds later my engine cut out mid drive.

After pulling over, I tried to start up and the engine would turn over but cut out a split second after it did. I got it going by hitting my accelerator while turning the car over and then I let it idle, after 10 minutes of idling with no problems I took it for a 5 minute drive around the block, had no problems again, pulled over at home and it idled for about 30 seconds and cut out.

Now it wont turn over again and I dont want to feed it via the accelerator so I have left it alone since - I don't know much about the mechanical aspect of my car so I thought I would see what you thought before I took it into the shop.

Cheers.

So it will turn over/crank but wont start?

Is there plenty of fuel?

Check the basics, check all the cooler pipes are still connected and tight,

Check there is fuel arriving at the engine to the engine from the fuel pump by feeling the fuel line after the fuel filter. Feel it before and after u get some one to turn the key on.

Its very possible ur fuel pump is dead

So it will turn over/crank but wont start?

Is there plenty of fuel?

Check the basics, check all the cooler pipes are still connected and tight,

Check there is fuel arriving at the engine to the engine from the fuel pump by feeling the fuel line after the fuel filter. Feel it before and after u get some one to turn the key on.

Its very possible ur fuel pump is dead

Yeah it's turning over but wont start, and I have a full tank.

I'll have a look at the fuel line tonight, thanks for the tip. Will get back with an update.

Cheers.

Edited by Nate85

Update:

I checked all the cooler pipes and they all had no problems, tight and connected.

Then as you recommended I had a feel of the fuel line before trying to turn it over, then had my housemate turn her over, and funnily enough the car started without a problem.

We let it idle for about 10 minutes to warm up then tested the engine with some higher revs, seemed to not have a problem, we ended up taking the car around the block a few times and finally put my foot down.

Didn't have a feeling like a bubble this time when I accelerated and it ran like normal, went home idled for another 10 minutes without a problem...

I honestly have no idea whats going on, as the day before it wasn't starting at all only turning over...

We're thinking of taking it for a decent drive along the highway to see how it goes, and I'll probably end up putting it in the shop early for a service.

Fingers crossed it stays all good... cheers for the help.

Edited by Nate85