SAU Community

clutch hissing noise

i have a new 3 puck ceramic clutch and the friction point moves

in the morning i step down on it there is a hissing noise as there something is lossing pressure and the friction is very low and easily stalls if you are not careful then after awhile of driving the friction point moves up and still have a tiny friction point , within 2 cm its between 9000rm and stalling the car so anyone know whats wrong with it

any help would be great thanks

Who installed the clutch? Does it make the hissing sound if you pump the clutch in neutral? Might be that it wasn't bled properly. You can adjust the friction point to suit driving needs...sounds like yours is too low...had a similar problem with my Daiken Exedy installed a couple of months ago and had it re-adjusted and the system re-bled problem fixed and no more "hiss" noise..

Hey J-13 mine was making that hissing sound (i thought it was the thrust race) but as fate would have it with diy installs it only happend when the car was cold........When it gets warm though its allright it just took a bit of soft driving to bed it in i think.....say a hour or two drive in moder8 traffic conditions.GTR-MAGEDDONIT may be right your point of grab adjustment could be the answer.... Hope this helps....Another question can hydraulic clutches be adjusted like cable clutches?