SAU Community

26/30 R34 Gtr **now With Results**

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was your decision for deciding to go -10's as opposed to the big single?? Very impressive build thread btw i had a quick skim through it, will have a closer look when i have a bit more time

i wanted the stealth look (no hassles from the law) & at the time, i had all the supporting mods for the low mount system, whereas going single i'd need to spend more on a exhaust manifold, custom dump pipe, oil & water lines etc

Totally get where your coming from and thats the entire reason why Im sticking with the twins on my 34. Nothing screams "defect me" more than a top mount turbo when the 5-0 pop your bonnet up :whistling:

In saying that im getting more and more inclined by the day to part with the 34 and build a killer R32 - t51r with a stroked rb30 bottom end and probably still have coin left over.. Just financially I know Il be alot worse off when i decide to part my ways from it.. decisions decisions lol

• 2 weeks later...

Nowdays you will get defected regaurdless of stock looking bay or high mount bay. Might aswell go bigger setup enjoy the fun and deal with defects when they happen.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey Nick,

Sorry for the late reply. I was just wondering if you had any pics on the clutch mod. I'm getting to the pointy end of the build (its slow when you only do 1 day a fortnight), and about to remove the clutch booster. Any help would be appreciated. You don't ever get to Newcastle do you? :-)

Also, I own the Global Auto MPIII one that you see on Youtube.

BTW, did you have any issues with the bonnet closing? It appears the my carbon fibre bonnet now fouls on the turbo and the front of the engine :-(

Edited by TwinTurboCelica

Car sounds absolutely mental i can imagine it being a blast to drive! Contemplating selling all assets and dumping an extra 60k in mine to make a mental rb26/34 :ph34r:

(not srs but we can all dream lol..)

You can have my car for 60k, all the hard work done with a 26/30.

Tim is working out what to do with the car next, gearbox upgrade, fuel system, Ecu, but for now just going to drive it until feels slow again and the start chasing power

Hope to see him at Powercruise with a Holinger, E85 fuel system, running a Vipec !

Edited by RB 30

Hey Nick,

Sorry for the late reply. I was just wondering if you had any pics on the clutch mod. I'm getting to the pointy end of the build (its slow when you only do 1 day a fortnight), and about to remove the clutch booster. Any help would be appreciated. You don't ever get to Newcastle do you? :-)

Also, I own the Global Auto MPIII one that you see on Youtube.

BTW, did you have any issues with the bonnet closing? It appears the my carbon fibre bonnet now fouls on the turbo and the front of the engine :-(

The clutch master has to come out to be replaced so when its out ill snap some photos . when you pull the master and booster out it will become clear what we have done.

Nah i havent been in Newcastle for good 7 years so wont be down that way anytime soon.

Bonnet closed fine without cam belt cover on. it would hit on the front if it was on. The engine rubs on the undermatt of bonnet but barely. We spaced the strut brace up a few mm and still have fingers gap in there. maybe your carbon bonnet is a bit fatter in some places compared to stock.

Hope to see him at Powercruise with a Holinger, E85 fuel system, running a Vipec !

Nah not going anything that crazy. Rebulid the box with stronger input shaft and gears, E85 isnt something even considered. looking at going down the TOL route for a break in the current trends of E85 everything.

Spot on with the ecu change though. Vipec is a choice on the list, the old d-jetro FC is getting a bit dated nowdays.

STILL WAITING ON TIM TO CALL MARK BACK UP TO GET A DYNO SHEET FROM HIM SO CAN POST UP THE POWER FIGURES

Edited by nick81xd

• 3 weeks later...

POWER FIGURES AND GRAPH BELOW!!!!

After such a long wait and muck around (no fault of Mark at Godzilla), we have managed to get a copy of the dyno sheet.

The engine responded very well to tuning with early stages showing results of 351hp on just 8psi backing off at 6700rpm. Then later 510hp on 15psi at peak revs of 8500rpm.

Slowly easing in the boost to make sure all was good with tune, engine etc, next step was 17psi which it made 556hp. It was making power very easily just wanted more and more boost.

It was getting close to unsafe injector duty figures so upped the fuel pressure 6 or so psi to give some more room to play.

Mark asked if wanted to keep going, We set a figure for IDC(injector duty cycle) of 92% max and worked to that. On just a mere 20psi the car rolled up 592.5hp at all 4 wheels!!!!

We were both amazed at the power level on small (for a T51r) boost levels, were expecting to run more towards 23-24psi to make that power.

The plan was to keep pushing boost until fuel ran out, definetly werent expecting to run out at 20psi :(.

As most would know a turbo the size of a T51r is barely working at 20psi and needs 25-30psi to get it really singing in its range.

Keep in mind this is all on BP98 pump fuel so cant be happier with current stage of the car.

Bigger set of injectors and more boost will be interesting to see what it does. Wont be doing that for sometime though

IMG_4202.jpg

Edited by nick81xd

WOW, that is a strong result 450awkw on a mere 20psi.

Compare that to my old engine with low mounts, you have made almost 50kw more with 4psi less boost.

With sorted fuel supply, what did Mark say is the potential?

Congrats, oh u might get some people with twins argue your torque curve lol but I know what I'd prefer on a dirty 30 hehe :)

Mark didnt give any estimates, given that it was making more power then expected its anyones guess.

its not too bad down low as the compression and 3 0 make enough torque to move it along.

I dont doubt that as the torque would be strong with 3ltr. First thing my tuner said to me with my 3ltr was "you should have fitted a t51r as the extra capacity soaks up the bigger turbo"

Hi guys need a little help looking at building a rb30/26 into a r33 gtr looking for a good engine builder in nsw who has good experience in building a rb30/26 and installing the engine. what am i looking at price wise to build one roughly.

how is the car going nick very very nice build and car.

• 5 weeks later...

E85 and that turbo with good supporting mods would make a very fun car thats for sure.

It ended up being 9.1:1 compression. Thats about as low as could get it as orginally it was a 10:1 methanol setup.

Uses argo I beam rods.

We set rev limit based on nitto pump ATI balancer, balanced rotating assembly being able to handle more but keeping it safe. As you can see by graph the head setup keeps wanting more revs as its making power right to limiter