SAU Community

Sau:nsw 24Th July Megalong Valley Social Cruise

GTRsean

guys,

I heard from a mate of mine dont know if here is scaring me or not, he saids that this Official Club organise crusie there is a high possiblity there is gonna be some highway patrols are waiting for us !! it will be really sad if we bump into one of those !! have you guys had any of those experience in the past ??

cheers

We've had many HWP and General Duties browse past our meet up or finish points, they have a look as they cruise past, and that's the last we hear of them.

SAU:NSW is known by HWP and General Duties in most areas as a very mature club. They know the Exec won't take any stupidity from people on the cruises, and if there is stupidity, they are reported to the police.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through my experience doesn't matter if your driving like a granny or a hoon. 20kms or 200kms highway patrol will defect you for no reason even if you can prove that it is legal they will still do it.

Yeah maybe, but we have never had defecting dramas on any of our official cruises, ever. I guess it's up to the individual really, but it's a shame to have a nice car and never take it anywhere cos you're worried about defects!

Through my experience doesn't matter if your driving like a granny or a hoon. 20kms or 200kms highway patrol will defect you for no reason even if you can prove that it is legal they will still do it.

+1. So true.

+1. So true.

You two guys should know! >_<

Stragglers you!!!!!!!!

We've already discussed at an Exec Meeting that any cars which are 'borderline' can and should be tucked into the convoy, anywhere from 3rd position to 3rd-last.

These are the preventative measures that Shell was alluding to on SAU Cruises.

FYI: if you coming via the M4 you cannont turn right into Factory Rd from Mulgoa Rd, you must use the lights 200m west at the corner of Mulgoa Rd and Spencer St.

M4, Mulgoa Rd, Spencer St, Loftus St, Factory Rd, Bellevue Rd.

Hey guys!

I keep missing all your wollongong/robertson cruises ( I live in the southern highlands =/ )

Would Love to come along, need to try and scrape some fuel money together but LOL.

Leave it at yes and in the meantime is anyone starting at cambeltown?

Hope to see you's there !

^ ^ ^ with Mac Pass blocked off intermittently, you might as well come to this cruise Josh > pick up a membership form for SAU too!

Extra advice is this...

Keep a bit of distance between your car and the one in front during the cruise...

* so you can dodge any pothole craters generated from the rain

* lest you cop a stone onto your windscreen from the same said potholes

Yeah your not wrong. Ive never been this far out west in any case So it will be good to trek down a different road for once.

Have we decided on a UHF channel?

Just negotiating with the funds manager ;-) I have her mostly convinced but heh.

im guessing the UHF will be given out on the morning at the initial meet. Its a little paranoid but you never know..

shells

I'd like to just give him a backhand.... but yes :P

Hey, i will take what i can get whether its a backhand or back door :wave:

those directions from the M4, if im using a GPS i wont need to worry about them right?

depends if your gps is smart enuff not to make you turn into a 'no right turn' street, however being the western suburbs....we have only just got street signs and gutters so i doubt your gps works anywhere west of parramatta, good luck :)

Yeah your not wrong. Ive never been this far out west in any case So it will be good to trek down a different road for once.

Have we decided on a UHF channel?

Just negotiating with the funds manager ;-) I have her mostly convinced but heh.

IM COMING.

If there is anyone here from Parramatta area going to this, let me know as I may be going and would really prefer not to drive to penrith without a couple of cars there. Last time I went on a cruise I kind of got lost. PM me, I can meet up around the area, and if the guys are meeting at cabramatta/liverpool, let me know I can head down that way. PM me guys.

And if anyone can hook me up with a walkie talkie or tell me where I can get one, that would be awesome! Hopefully my brakes are fully bedded in by then and the car works with me not against! Gonna also try setup an in car camera before I leave to record the whole drive. Always a nice watch.

Edited by SargeRX8

And if anyone can hook me up with a walkie talkie or tell me where I can get one, that would be awesome! Hopefully my brakes are fully bedded in by then and the car works with me not against! Gonna also try setup an in car camera before I leave to record the whole drive. Always a nice watch.

Dick smith is probably your best bet. You might have to go to a powerhouse but. Uniden are always good UHF's.

Anyone taking the northern road?

Edited by K4CHM3