SAU Community

Boost Scamble (16.5psi) on std turbo.

Cubes

Previously with my Bleed setup it was spiking close to 17psi then it would settle down pretty quickly.

Driving the car it gave a nice kick feel when first changing in to that gear.

Now that I have an ebc it now keeps it pretty much spot on 15psi which doesn't give the kick like 17psi used to.

I was running the bleeder doing this for around hrmm 6 months or more, there was no pinging.

Is it safe to do this without blowing the turbo etc.

17psi at a lower rev range shouldn't cause the std turbo to overspeed as at a lower rev range it isn't consuming as much air hence the lower rotational speed.

Any comments or experiences ppls?

:( I need another turbo.....

The pressures are taken all from the plenium.

I know of a few others that also run 1 bar of boost. Clint32 :(

He's being doing it for over a year I think now and he drives a lot harder on boost a lot more than my self.

I have recently heard that in japan for short periods of time they run 1.1bar on the stock turbo.

Before with the boost bleed boost was dropping off to 12psi so it was probably saving the turbo as obviously as engine rpm increase so does the turbo rpm to try and keep the same pressure.

I can hear the turbo screaming now at 1 bar when she's up around 7000rpm.

If she goes pop it will be a good excuse to hurry me up and find a good turbo upgrade for a decent price.

What power did u make at the rears?

And how did affect fuel economy and drivability down low / up top?

After the turbo which will be soon i'm getting tilbrooks to tune the ecu. So i'd like to know what i'm in for :(

Hey joel got mine done at tillbrooks, martin donnon did it. After the bleed valve and tuned computer it made 160 at the wheels with 1bar. He also changed the air fuel mixture and other things. Havent notecied any differance in fuel YET

Hope this helps :(

MattR.

You will probably find that you are loosing boost up top due to the bleed setup, small turbo with to much back pressure in the manifold and probably a little to do with the turbo starting to run out of puff.

I was dropping to around 12psi over 5500rpm and made 156rwkw without an ecu tune.

With an ecu tune and 1bar at 7000rpm apparently Tim @ RPM said that he has seen a couple @ 170rwkw.

Since fitting the SBC-iD Boost controller and making 1bar all the way through the rev range I've notice a definate up top power increase.

I've done a comp. test and she was around the 155mark for every cyclinder.

But not many R32 GTS-T's get around with an EBC.

So did u notice any extra power off boost down low, or boost coming on quicker (less lag) due to the timing etc they pump in?

Thanx Buddy.

If you want to stop the boost drop but dont want to fork out $1000 for a decent boost controller get a HD Wastegate spring fitted and tuned on a dyno.

I was quoted ~$100 to get the spring fitted plus dyno work.