You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Grease the poly bushes as your first order of business. Moly grease. Spanner check everything else. Inspect LCA inner bushes.
    • It's usually associated with a muffler. Often in the middle of the muffler, sometimes at an inlet. Not removable by just slipping something out. usually needs butchery (read outright replacement of the muffler). There's absolutely nothing magic about any Jap exhaust brand. Totally generic. Totally replaceable with anything else that will do the job. I've replaced the centre muffler in mine a couple of times.
    • I've had a 9280, 9280's in stock form produce a bit of a whine when coming on unlike the 9180 so you may already like the turbo sound as it is.
    • So everytime the car is changing momentum, say you were going forward, and then you brake, itll do the creaking  and then wont happen when you brake again while still going forward. but once you put it into reverse and then you brake itll creak, but wont creak any more after while still reversing. And then again, when you go back to forward and the first time you brake, itll creak.  ( note will only happen the first time you brake when traveling a direction ). Wont happen, when youre going up speed bumps or hitting a pothole etc. Sound comes from Front left area.    I'm unsure as to what might be causing this sound so if anyone has any suggestions please. Ive got a set of R34 GTT brakes that I will be installing soon too. (and disregard the gutter rashes, from previous owner(s)... ) Otherwise, it has a shot set of Tein Coilovers, original bushings except poly on tension rods. Car has 138k kms. Video reference :   
    • This is a good tip. Two things: Will a JASMA tag literally have the word "JASMA" on it? If not, what does it look like and is there a common place to find it on the exhaust? Nevermind. I found some images. Similar question for the restrictor. Is there a common place it would be located or some sort of indicator that can be seen from the outside? Do I have to drop the exhaust and look around until I stumble on it?