SAU Community

problems with front speaker

mickGTR

It sounds like alternator whine. These get into your system via ground loops that are usually caused by dodgy earths or having RCAs too close to power wires. They can also be caused by cheap gear or a faulty alternator etc.

Have you just had new stereo gear fitted or did the noise just start up for no reason?

What type of system do you have?

The gear is fairly new about two months old. I have a JVC top of the line deck, mtx splits and jL sub and amp. It was running fine for a while and now the noise. I do have a noisy starter motor on start up though, could it be that? I also had problems with the amp causing my 4wd light to come on...

Mick

my amp is mounted right next to the battery and the fuses ect and i found when i move the amp away from there it becomes less of a problem.

i also tried buying some of those streetwires rca's about $40 for 1 and that just made the problem worse, go figure. i even ran the rca's on the outside of the car to see if that would work no go.

u can buy some kinda of thingo that u attach to you alternator and its ment to stop the whine

check to see if your earth is ok, try and keep RCA's as far away from power cables as possible, it's ok if they cross... i don’t see why having the amp in the boot would be a problem, i have a 1600watt amp in the boot and run 4 gauge straight from my battery and had no problems.. never seen my 4wd light come on

u running the front speakers off the amp or deck?

check your suppressor of the alternator, make sure all wire casing is intact, your amp cables should run down one side of the car, your speaker wires the other and your switch wire down the guts, try to keep all wires away from car wiring , make sure you have positive earth conections. 4wd light no idea sorri