SAU Community

Oil In My Coolant :-(

kidafa

HG on it way out get a comp test & dye test the coolant it could be your cooler but I doubt it. Any water in the oil? or are you loosing coolant?. Good luck.

Hi Champ,

Was hoping you'd chime in.... check the thread on the link i posted for the results.

Cheers

Hi Champ,

Was hoping you'd chime in.... check the thread on the link i posted for the results.

Cheers

Oh LOL I missed that, my bad. There are heaps of other tests you could do like oil cylinders, pressure test cylinders, pressure test coolant etc etc but you know your down on compression anyway so heads coming off regardless. I would pull the head assess the damage then make a call based on actual costs. Replacing a head gasket is not a difficult job much easier than a manual conversion. Do it yourself should be no more than $1200.00 (if no other damage is found) Hope it works out ok.

You say its easier than a manual conversion.....?

What about removing the cams ect. and getting everything set up to TDC to start?

If i do another compression test is their anything I can do to see if its rings? I swear ive read something about adding oil?

You say its easier than a manual conversion.....?

What about removing the cams ect. and getting everything set up to TDC to start?

If i do another compression test is their anything I can do to see if its rings? I swear ive read something about adding oil?

You can do a leak down test this will tell you if its rings or valves that are leaking or if its leaking into the other cylinder, oil in cylinder will show an increase in compression if rings are worn. Search you tube there will be a how to video there. If you don't have access to compressed air it won't cost much to have a leak down test done.

I doubt that this will reveal much as theirs no sign of oil if I look under the oil cap but when Im feeling a little better then yes I will remove the covers and have a look see.

• 2 weeks later...

under the cap wont reli reveal anything u reli need to pull botht he cover off and check the dip stick if u havent all ready

As I posted theirs been no signs of anything on the dipstick.... Anyway the heads coming off at the moment so we'll see what's found.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new headgasket put in by simons-14 :-)

when he pulled the head the old gasket didnt have any visible leaks or anything, block tested fine.

New waterpump, flushed radiator and fresh head gasket and well see how it goes.

Exhaust manifold was cracked to shit though!