SAU Community

R33 Rear Speaker Install Help

dex_911

Hi guys,

I just got myself an R33 - and I am loving it!!

I want to install a pair of rear speakers, but am a little confused!

I have attached 2 photos with what the situation looks like back there and there seems to be these 2 black brackets, that (to me) don't appear to be doing anything?

Can you guys let me know what they are for? Could I just remove them to install my speakers?

What else would I need to do to put a pair for 6 inch speakers there?

Thanks!

dex

post-87124-0-77380800-1313378863_thumb.jpg

post-87124-0-81814500-1313378870_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

I just got myself an R33 - and I am loving it!!

I want to install a pair of rear speakers, but am a little confused!

I have attached 2 photos with what the situation looks like back there and there seems to be these 2 black brackets, that (to me) don't appear to be doing anything?

Can you guys let me know what they are for? Could I just remove them to install my speakers?

What else would I need to do to put a pair for 6 inch speakers there?

Thanks!

dex

Just found out...child restraints or something....grr..ok need to remove them and everything to get some speakers in there :(

• 1 month later...

Just found out...child restraints or something....grr..ok need to remove them and everything to get some speakers in there :(

I'm having the same issue, I would leave them in because it is technically a roadworthy issue. I found out today that not many aftermarket speakers will fit under there......But if you mount the speakers from the boot and screw them in from the boot they will have no clearance issues with child restraints.......what a prick of a place to put them ey......

your ADR rules say 3 baby bolts, funny how in the fark would you fit 3 kids in that car with prams and car seats.. idiot rules even 1 kid would be a tight fit. with my seat all the way back , they would pull my hair out while driving..lol

but if your clever you can mod it to look like they are funtional in a much better spot minus the bracket . just return it to the way it was if you sell it. so you dont get hit with a lawsuit from a child death . disclaimer take this path at your own risk, not responsible for defects or injury from someone using it

funny enough the r31 built in oz had holes for bolts but not the attachment points installed. pure proof how bad they fark with jap imports on compliance.

the monekys that did my car killed my alpine DD speakers and grills with the brackets. on compliance. and then didnt bother hooking the speakers back up since they crushed the cones sideways with brackets. muppets had no farking idea.!!!! alpines went to the bin