SAU Community

Need New Shoes

Hey all,

I have to replace my tires pretty soon and I was thinking of shipping them down here from the US because it's crap loads cheaper (tirerack.com)

Anyone got any recommendations on a good tire to buy?

ATM im running on

245/40ZR19

225/40ZR19

Cheers

I think there has to be some sort of marking on the tyre to state that its legal in AUS check that out 1st this is why tyres have to be changed during compliance.

Also have a look at Maxxis tyres, i paid $220 a tyre for 245/35 20inch MAZ-4S Vectra from bobjane they stick like glue. i had nexen tyres b4 these on the front and i hade huge slip isses on with them spun me out a few times just driving normaly swaped to these now the ass slides as they still have nexens and the front grips and lets me controll it.

Hey all,

I have to replace my tires pretty soon and I was thinking of shipping them down here from the US because it's crap loads cheaper (tirerack.com)

Anyone got any recommendations on a good tire to buy?

ATM im running on

245/40ZR19

225/40ZR19

Cheers

Ring Tempe Tyres,

i found they have similar pricing to tirerack and being local it's easier if you have any warranty issues.

Pretty sure for the Kumho KU31 in that size it was $230ish including delivery.

Just a quick comment on the Kumho KU31's.

I had them put on my 370 when it was complied. After reading only great reviews on them and the compliance shop getting a good price on them I jumped at them.

One thing I have noticed is that they are quite loud. They do grip well but I have never had tires that were loud enough for me to actually notice them before. They aren't noisy in a straight line but I notice them when turning and I'm not talking about hard cornering just daily driving.

Maybe its simply the fact that they are HUGE and I am used to the little 17's on my RX7 but I thought that it was worth mentioning.

Ring Tempe Tyres,

i found they have similar pricing to tirerack and being local it's easier if you have any warranty issues.

Pretty sure for the Kumho KU31 in that size it was $230ish including delivery.

The kumho are very good just got mie replaced with falken today. They seem very sticky too :)

I had kumhos and they were terrible , no min grip and loads of noise.

Also be prepared to pay tax on your tires since probably the tires plus shipping is gonna be over 1000 so add another 10%

Go check out how much Yokohama advan sports are, minimal noise and grip is phenomenal, iv said this a lot of time and a lot of users who had them +1 it and I'm sure it will happen again here lol

The kumho are very good just got mie replaced with falken today. They seem very sticky too :)

I had kumhos and they were terrible , no min grip and loads of noise.

Also be prepared to pay tax on your tires since probably the tires plus shipping is gonna be over 1000 so add another 10%

Go check out how much Yokohama advan sports are, minimal noise and grip is phenomenal, iv said this a lot of time and a lot of users who had them +1 it and I'm sure it will happen again here lol

Give the guys at proworksauto a ring. They are the local distributor for federal and achilles. I bought mine a set of achilles not a long ago and I'm very happy with the quality and services. They can fit stretch tyres without making any sort of scratches to your wheels.

http://www.proworksautomotive.com.au/

02 9311 7046

thanks guys, i will look into these options on the weekend

i wish i was a millionaire!

Just a quick comment on the Kumho KU31's.

I had them put on my 370 when it was complied. After reading only great reviews on them and the compliance shop getting a good price on them I jumped at them.

One thing I have noticed is that they are quite loud. They do grip well but I have never had tires that were loud enough for me to actually notice them before. They aren't noisy in a straight line but I notice them when turning and I'm not talking about hard cornering just daily driving.

Maybe its simply the fact that they are HUGE and I am used to the little 17's on my RX7 but I thought that it was worth mentioning.

I agree with this, i have them on my stockies they are so loud drove me mad on long trips Make sure you look at the Maxxis MAZ4 vectra they are not well knows but shit do they stick for me

Edited by T4NK

Shipping is not calculated in the taxable amount. You will scrape under if you just keep an eye out for good tires. Yokohama s drives are a good buy and are legal in aus. Not sure how much they cost in 19's but ithink it would be around the 200 mark.