SAU Community

Hydraulic Lifters

Penitent_Spark

supercheap or repco.... lol....

search the forums been said before... here are the comments I found from other threads

AHA! Found a full new set for $225Aus from eBay in the states. Problem solved. Just to let the team know that VG30 turbo and NA use the same part! (eg z32 300zx).

Hi there mate

in the event that anyone wants to buy lifters for there rb25det, the link has them for 408 dollars for a set of 24

FYI the lifters are the same as a 300zx twin turbo Z32 model. 1990-1996. Hope this helps anyone thats in my situation. the part number is LIFD27 by Topline

:P:laugh:

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/

I just bought a set of new ones from the states, i paid ~AU$12 each and $50 postage. Nissan wanted $140 each for them which is a joke.

these are the guys that i bought them from, their part number for them is "LIF 630"

http://www.rockauto....log/catalog.php

there are also some cleaning lifter threads in the forums too... here ones cleaning tip...

Just replace your engine oil with a diesel engine oil and run it (softly) for a few km's.. Diesel engine oil contains a detergent that will clean out the sludge that builds up in the lifters.

Just flush it through well after.

Seriously doesnt anyone search anymore...

There is notyhing wrong with my Hydraulic Lifters, I just want to know where I can purchase them from. As I am slowly building up a parts supplier database (other than nissan).

At the moment, the lifters are very load on startup, but not for long, usually around 3 minutes then they are quiet, until the car goes completely cold again. So far this is a sign of working oil galleries and thin oil (10 30W). However it's only a matter of time before the circulating oil delivers a contaminant to the lifters that will shut one or several down. Unfortunately I don not have a garage that I can dissasemble the Valve train, and service the lifters myself. So it would be easier to get them from somewhere else (other than nissan), and pay my mechanic to replace the lifter set.

Thank you for your replies