SAU Community

Get Some Wheel Nuts!

Cobey

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've bought a few sets of lug nuts in my lifetime....

MX5 -> RAYS Dura Nuts in anodised blue on my gunmetal grey Buddyclub P1 Rims. Never go an anodised colour again as they fade in the sun...

Dualis -> Had the D1 Spec ones in anaodised gunmetal (they were originally on my V35). These are quite well made but don't have a lock nut in the set. So I ended up buying another set of RAYS Dura Nuts in black for quite cheap. Don't know if they are fakes, but comparing to my MX5 ones, they seem real enough with all the stamping, threading, etc of a high quality standard.

However, the best set of lug nuts that I have bought yet to date would be the PROJECT KICS R40 NEO Chrono ones. They are a 2 piece construction where a 'washer' is embedded into the lug. This means that when you tighten the lug, the lug wont grind into the rims and vice versa. And they look super-sexy in my opinion. If you have a bit more money, give the PROJECT KICS R40s a go and you won't go back...They are currently on my WRX.

I've bought a few sets of lug nuts in my lifetime....

MX5 -> RAYS Dura Nuts in anodised blue on my gunmetal grey Buddyclub P1 Rims. Never go an anodised colour again as they fade in the sun...

Dualis -> Had the D1 Spec ones in anaodised gunmetal (they were originally on my V35). These are quite well made but don't have a lock nut in the set. So I ended up buying another set of RAYS Dura Nuts in black for quite cheap. Don't know if they are fakes, but comparing to my MX5 ones, they seem real enough with all the stamping, threading, etc of a high quality standard.

However, the best set of lug nuts that I have bought yet to date would be the PROJECT KICS R40 NEO Chrono ones. They are a 2 piece construction where a 'washer' is embedded into the lug. This means that when you tighten the lug, the lug wont grind into the rims and vice versa. And they look super-sexy in my opinion. If you have a bit more money, give the PROJECT KICS R40s a go and you won't go back...They are currently on my WRX.

Hey Nelson, how's it going?

I just got a question for you. You mentioned Nissan Dualis! I have one myself at the moment and thinking of putting on wheels in the future.

Would you have a photo of it that I can look at? :)

Hey Nelson, how's it going?

I just got a question for you. You mentioned Nissan Dualis! I have one myself at the moment and thinking of putting on wheels in the future.

Would you have a photo of it that I can look at? :)

I don't want to hijack this thread....but here's the link:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/323821-fs-vip-wald-streifen-19-rims-for-sale/page__p__5443209__hl__dualis__fromsearch__1#entry5443209

Hey cobey I don't mean to deter anyone else from buying these lug nuts but I think it's important people are aware that these lug nuts are very likely fake. http://realorfakeitem.com/real-vs-fake/rays-dura-nuts-id7 Two of my mates as well as myself have ordered a set and have received lug nuts that look very bad quality. The paintjob through the centre of them isn't uniform at all (see pictures in the link) theres chips here and there and crappy quality packaging. Was really hoping these were genuine but I guess when things are too good to be true, they really aren't.

Hey cobey I don't mean to deter anyone else from buying these lug nuts but I think it's important people are aware that these lug nuts are very likely fake. http://realorfakeitem.com/real-vs-fake/rays-dura-nuts-id7 Two of my mates as well as myself have ordered a set and have received lug nuts that look very bad quality. The paintjob through the centre of them isn't uniform at all (see pictures in the link) theres chips here and there and crappy quality packaging. Was really hoping these were genuine but I guess when things are too good to be true, they really aren't.

Just received mine, they appear to be fake. Got a free dildo shift knob to make up for it :dry:

Simon, I think you should lodge a paypal dispute and get a refund, that's what I've done. It's not fair that we pay good money for authentic items only to receive fakes. If they were advertised as fakes, that would be understandable.. ahh the deception.

i agree a about lodging a complaint, thats weird thou cause mine appear to be of a high standard. :S as per pics, and i saw r6n350gt's and his appear to be of the same calibre as mine :S

can you upload a pic of yours so that we can see?

cobey it's not as bad as in the picture but if you shine a light into the centre of the nut, near the bottom of it, theres no paint or theres bits that have a little bit of paint run.. not sure if these are characteristics of dodgy lug nuts or not. also theres little dents and stuff on these nuts which sorta makes me question the quality of them and their authenticity.. I really want to believe they're real but I'm finding it really hard to.

id send them back, mine have no chips or dents or anything, as you can see by the pics, i haven't put a torch down the centre, but by just looking i can only see blue (as i bought blue ones)

Cobey,

If he's really ur mate, then he probably gave you the real ones..if my mate sold me fake ones and told me they were genuine I would punch him in the head.

dori34, the thing is its only the 4 stud 35mm lug nuts that are $75, its $99 for 4 stud 50mm lug nuts and $120 for 5 stud 50mm lug nuts. I paid $120 for the 50mm 5 stud ones. Also, it's a sale which means these were actually more expensive a few weeks ago (they were selling them for like $200). So your theory doesn't fully work.

n15mo, i see your logic, but still why would one want to ruin a companies portfolio by selling fakes?

i see no logic in his business sense, ps: not great friend just friends of friends too, we only see each other at car events and alike.

The thing is Cobey, Ty seems like a fairly genuine guy but doesn't believe these nuts are fake. But if they aren't, why are there things pointing to poor quality. E.g the little scratches and dents on some of the nuts, the poor paintwork inside the nut, the semi dodgy looking packaging. Are my mates and I just unlucky that we got the bad eggs out of the batch? Or has he been supplied with knockoff products. I rather pay $65 and stick to my D1 specs than pay $120 for fakes. Maybe I'm being paranoid and what my mates and I have received is "normal" but if there was no reason to doubt the integrity of these products, then we wouldn't have an issue here.

yeah Ty is a genuine guy, that why i also find it hard to beleive, but i guess its our choice to make, im going to be running mine as them seem genuine, but if your doubting maybe sell them on?