SAU Community

Twin Fuel Pump Setup

been searching around and found nothing on the topic , any cheaper twin intank setups for gtr than powertune? 1400$ for 2 crappy walbro pumps is very exessive? anyone made their own or selling any setups ? let me know!!

Itsa pain in the ass fitting a single 040 into the standard location in the gtst tank. If you know your way internally in the tank and van sit the pumps in a position they can reach fuel, you solid be fine in clamping them together and running then into a y as said above, but that depends how you drive the car and how full you keep the tank. You still risk one or both pumps sucking up air. Maybe you can get two smaller pumps. Your issue is space.

f**k typing on the phone is sloppy

Edited by SargeRX8

I used the standard feed & return fittings on the cap of a 33gtr as feeds for twin intanks nismo's then added a speedflow bulk head fitting for the return.. I also added some posts through the lid for 2 extra cables to feed the second pump.. I don't circuit race with a empty tank so replacing the noisy smelly space consuming twin 044 surge tank in boot setup was the best mod I did.. We had to assemble the pumps together through the opening which was a bit difficult but possible..

currently running a single 044 pump , which is probably on its limits , running around 400kw atw with 1000cc injectors on standard rail with aftermarket fpr , which may be incresed pressure but not sure?

and as for single intank was looking into the pierberg 320L jobbie , is 320L enough to flow e85?

Have you considered a large single intank pump instead of small twins?

What's the power goal? What fuel? What size engine?

power goal is to push over 400kw so around 430 , with the same turbo setup ect , just with adding e85 , engine is 26 bored out .040