SAU Community

Imported V36 - Convert Av To English (Use Parts From Infiniti G37?)

The stock 'sport' model suspension on the 370gt is truly atrocious though, I can understand them wanting to aim for comfort more than performance but even turning through roundabouts felt like a heavy lifeless slug, spirited driving though corners usually meant intital understeer greeted by power oversteer.

I canned the the stock swaybars & springs quicksmart & it's a totally different beast.

what springs did you get?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny enough, just read this article which basically sums up what I already said earlier about the Infiniti launch. Only details I have different are that an M56 sedan will be available and they will be in automatic only.

So there you go, Drive is even suggesting a G37 coupe will go for $100K. Also they have stated the level of options included is high, basically the same with what I was told too. No G-series sedan on launch (disappointing IMO, how can they compete with the 335 and IS350 with no G sedan). Maybe priced too similarly with the base model M sedan so only worth selling that at the moment?

http://theage.drive....1223-1p7rg.html

Infiniti

Nissan's luxury brand will launch in Australia in the third quarter of 2012. Going up against Lexus, BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz, Infiniti will have its work cut out for it as it once again tries to find a foothold in the Australian market.

Infiniti's lineup will be spearheaded by the FX "performance crossover", an eye-catching, boldly designed SUV that will be pitted against BMW's X5 and X6, Audi's Q7, and even Porsche's Cayenne.

The all-wheel-drive FX will likely be offered in three trim levels: the FX37, a 3.7-litre petrol V6 with 235kW/360Nm; the FX30d, a 3.0-litre turbo diesel V6 with 175kW and 550Nm; and the top-end FX50 which is powered a 287kW/500Nm V8 petrol and can sprint from standstill to 100km/h in just 5.8 seconds.

Expect long lists of standard equipment, including leather interior trim and some overtly large wheels. The FX range should start close to the $90,000 mark.

Infiniti will also bring the G37 coupe and hard-topped convertible which is based on the stretched underpinnings of Nissan's 370Z. The sporty two-door four-seater features a 3.7-litre V6 producing about 240kW of power and 350Nm of torque which is mated exclusively to a Nissan-sourced seven-speed automatic.

It will likely be priced close alongside bigger-engined versions of Audi's A5 and BMW 3-Series convertibles, with a starting point of more than $100,000 expected.

Infiniti will also offer a luxury sedan to take on Audi's A6, BMW's 5-Series, Lexus's GS, Jaguar's XF and Mercedes-Benz's E-Class.

The M sedan range is likely to be offered with a choice of three engines: the M37, a 3.7-litre V6 petrol model with 235kW/360Nm; the M30d with a 3.0-litre turbo diesel producing 175kW/550Nm; and a high-performance hybrid variant with a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine and a 50kW electric motor, which produce a combined 268kW and 358Nm.

Long equipment lists are likely to be standard, and the M range should start at just over $100,000.

Nice. I have eibach pro kit sitting in the garage. Starting the think its the wrong choice after what Yo-Yo said.

I have a set of brand new KWs for the v36 coupe, but wont be fitting them as will be selling the car soon.

I also have stage 2 intake from stillen. This with an aftermarket exhaust will give you as much power as the BMW twin turbo M1 thinga majigy.

I have a set of brand new KWs for the v36 coupe, but wont be fitting them as will be selling the car soon.

I also have stage 2 intake from stillen. This with an aftermarket exhaust will give you as much power as the BMW twin turbo M1 thinga majigy.

Is that the generation 3 long tube stillen intake? Which exhaust where you thinking of getting? I am about to order the intake from eBay but was wondering about getting a good exhaust, shipping prices are expensive though.

Consider in Japan a new V36 starts from ¥4 million (around ¥5 million with options) - this is around $50K minimum, so that is still more than what Americans pay.

Hate to break it to you, but it's $70K+ on roads for the base model 370Z in Aus, while in the UK it's £30K (or $AU45K) - so yes, I think people will pay more for a G37 brand new, with a 3-year factory warranty. I mean most of us on here paid anywhere from $35-55K for a used V36 from Japan with no working navigation, TV or warranty, so I fail to see why they wouldn't sell a brand new G37 here for much more than that.

Look at a BMW 335i here too, they start from $100K (with fewer options than Infiniti will have) and go anywhere up to $110K with the same options, and that's not even for the M Sport model. They are on par with these German cars, and if BMW/Merc can get away with that pricing, so will Infiniti.

Dude, I've been a nissan advocate for a long time going back to the z31 which is what I am going to go back to after I sell my v36.

Comparable? no

Will I lose 10k in value over the next year? no :-)

Look, I really love my v36 manual, its damn rare and it has a lot of potential. I will miss it for sure, but the two factors I cant stand are 1. japanese interface and fuel consumption.

I mean come on, if I drive like a pansy, I should be rewarded with close to 550-600k out of a tank.

The v36 aint got jack on the BMW's when it comes to refinement and fuel consumption.

and yes I know the z33 is worth more and in the UK the v36 sells for more as well and so on and so on.

Would I pay 80-100k for one? hell no.

Would have to take out a loan for a depreciating asset, no thanks!

Is that the generation 3 long tube stillen intake? Which exhaust where you thinking of getting? I am about to order the intake from eBay but was wondering about getting a good exhaust, shipping prices are expensive though.

yeah gen 3 long tube.

I got my exhaust from canada shipped in total for around $1200.

Nice exhaust, although its meant to be quiet, its a tad too loud for my liking. Put the foot down, sounds awesome, but everyone looks! not a nice image.

Dude, I've been a nissan advocate for a long time going back to the z31 which is what I am going to go back to after I sell my v36.

Comparable? no

Will I lose 10k in value over the next year? no :-)

Look, I really love my v36 manual, its damn rare and it has a lot of potential. I will miss it for sure, but the two factors I cant stand are 1. japanese interface and fuel consumption.

I mean come on, if I drive like a pansy, I should be rewarded with close to 550-600k out of a tank.

The v36 aint got jack on the BMW's when it comes to refinement and fuel consumption.

and yes I know the z33 is worth more and in the UK the v36 sells for more as well and so on and so on.

Would I pay 80-100k for one? hell no.

Would have to take out a loan for a depreciating asset, no thanks!

I think you're missing my point - just because you won't buy it, does not mean others won't. The BMW and Mercs have the same features and are on par with the Infiniti, not sure whether you've been in a 3 series or C class, but they are very similar. It's all about image, and Lexus started here years ago with the same problem, now look at them. I still remember when everyone thought they would fail and were not up to the Germans... How history repeats itself :)

I guess time will tell, but either way don't expect the G37 to be cheap. Refer to my earlier post above from Drive, they confirmed the prices I suggested - so nothing left to discuss here.

yeah gen 3 long tube.

I got my exhaust from canada shipped in total for around $1200.

Nice exhaust, although its meant to be quiet, its a tad too loud for my liking. Put the foot down, sounds awesome, but everyone looks! not a nice image.

Did you notice a power gain after adding the intake? Stillen claims it will add approx. 13kw at the wheels.

Nothing to discuss here? mate no need to get all uppedy yeah, its a forum and as such we can all express our oppinions.

Given I own one of these cars, I am allowed to express my frustrations and oppinion.

Especially given I wil be selling it due to how greedy it is with fuel consumption.

Top gear and other sites in the UK have bagged this car stating it uses too much juice and doesnt compare to the BM.

I thought the whole reason for no turbo and variable valve timing was to improve fuel consumption? I guess not.

This is a massive draw card where this car fails.

Its closest lookalike is the Audi A5 which comes with a diesel option and much more fuel efficient.

Yes people will buy it, the question is how many.

As for me I'm not one of those sheep that line up to pay top price for a compromise, as thats not how you get somewhere in life.

If your paying 80K+ it needs to tick all the boxes and while I am not a BM fan, I believe the BM does, why the BM coupe even has seatbelt extender which feeds you the seatbelt. its these little things that make a difference.

Given how long it takes to save 80k, I think were allowed to be extra fussy.

Anyway, this is just my opinion.

I think you're missing my point - just because you won't buy it, does not mean others won't. The BMW and Mercs have the same features and are on par with the Infiniti, not sure whether you've been in a 3 series or C class, but they are very similar. It's all about image, and Lexus started here years ago with the same problem, now look at them. I still remember when everyone thought they would fail and were not up to the Germans... How history repeats itself :)

I guess time will tell, but either way don't expect the G37 to be cheap. Refer to my earlier post above from Drive, they confirmed the prices I suggested - so nothing left to discuss here.

I estimated close to 30kw gain with exhaust and intake, but I have not fitted the intake as have decided to sell the car :-(.

I therefore have a set of new KW coilovers and intake, neither have been fitted.

Not my proudest moment after all that research, but fuel consumption and non english nav/audio system just gives me the sh!ts.

Did you notice a power gain after adding the intake? Stillen claims it will add approx. 13kw at the wheels.

I estimated close to 30kw gain with exhaust and intake, but I have not fitted the intake as have decided to sell the car :-(.

I therefore have a set of new KW coilovers and intake, neither have been fitted.

Not my proudest moment after all that research, but fuel consumption and non english nav/audio system just gives me the sh!ts.

Thats sad to here, I personally think its the best value for money performance / luxury car because its imported. It will be 100K+ when its out here later this year. I'm a little annoyed with the fuel consumption too although I do drive it hard but the way I see it is that i saved over 40K from not buying a used BMW 335 coupe and if it does consume more fuel that the beamer than Its ok to spend that extra more on fuel for a sexy and unique car.

As for the Jap navigation, im waiting for Infiniti to release the car here and try to have them convert everything to English. I know it would be expensive but if they charge about 5K i think its worth it.

If you are selling the Stillen intake, what sort of money would you be asking for?

Yeah, look I love the car, dont get me wrong! its bloody nice and with the pipe, well it hoons a lil too much.

If it was all in english, I would be wrapped and would turn a blind eye to the consumption issue.

Dont know how much I will like it when it becomes mainstream though...

I would sell the intake kit for around $70 less than what stillen would ship it to you. I have opened the box but thats about it, its brand new.

Have had it in the shed now for around 2 months.

Thats sad to here, I personally think its the best value for money performance / luxury car because its imported. It will be 100K+ when its out here later this year. I'm a little annoyed with the fuel consumption too although I do drive it hard but the way I see it is that i saved over 40K from not buying a used BMW 335 coupe and if it does consume more fuel that the beamer than Its ok to spend that extra more on fuel for a sexy and unique car.

As for the Jap navigation, im waiting for Infiniti to release the car here and try to have them convert everything to English. I know it would be expensive but if they charge about 5K i think its worth it.

If you are selling the Stillen intake, what sort of money would you be asking for?

Yeah, look I love the car, dont get me wrong! its bloody nice and with the pipe, well it hoons a lil too much.

If it was all in english, I would be wrapped and would turn a blind eye to the consumption issue.

Dont know how much I will like it when it becomes mainstream though...

I would sell the intake kit for around $70 less than what stillen would ship it to you. I have opened the box but thats about it, its brand new.

Have had it in the shed now for around 2 months.

So about $400? I was going to order it from an Infiniti dealer ebay store. Where are you located by the way?

• 2 months later...

My g37 sport handles great. No track use yet, but take the traction control off & cornering is no problem at all.

No doubt aftermarket will rock, but she ain't no boat

^Compared to my old GT-t the v36 feels like I'm steering a P&O cruiseliner even after my suspension mods but I still love it all the same :yes:

Nice. I have eibach pro kit sitting in the garage. Starting the think its the wrong choice after what Yo-Yo said.

Hi sorry for the late reply dude, I don't come on here as often as I used to...

FWIW I actually have the eibach pro-kit on my car :laugh: it was mainly to lower the front to get rid of the noticeable front wheel & fender gap.

The big difference to the handling was when I got my 'hotchkis suspension' swaybars. I've got some pics of them somewhere in my profile gallery. Night & day difference to the handling, for the better.

I've tracked my car with this set up & imo it's a nice compromise between daily driver/occasional track car without going full coilovers

^Compared to my old GT-t the v36 feels like I'm steering a P&O cruiseliner even after my suspension mods but I still love it all the same :yes:

Hi sorry for the late reply dude, I don't come on here as often as I used to...

FWIW I actually have the eibach pro-kit on my car laugh.gif it was mainly to lower the front to get rid of the noticeable front wheel & fender gap.

The big difference to the handling was when I got my 'hotchkis suspension' swaybars. I've got some pics of them somewhere in my profile gallery. Night & day difference to the handling, for the better.

I've tracked my car with this set up & imo it's a nice compromise between daily driver/occasional track car without going full coilovers

no worries :)

I thought you had coil overs! My prokit is installed now. I dont plan on going on the track at all so and im pretty happy with them. You can definately feel that its a heavy car but considering its weight, it gets around pretty well on stock shocks i thought. Id love to try a 370z for a week to see how they compare..