SAU Community

Odo Windback

GTR-N1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<br>That's a good point too,<br><br>Why do car dealers think they can swear in front if customers and still get a sale, fair enough if I swear first, which I don't believe I ever have when making a purchase <br><br>But 2 months ago when I was looking at car this car salesman thought he was at a Kevin bloody Wilson concert. dropping a swear every second word acctually put me off,<br><br><br><br>Or<br><br> call up telstra and the operator says "the problem is the reception in your area is f**ken shit"<br><br><br>
<br><br>hahaha i was tech support for big pond for 2 yrs and used to tell callers exactly that....then say optus is better, faster and cheaper...<br>lmmfao

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>also i used to work at an import yard when i left school....we changed the dash on each and every car we bought in.... including odometers and shit. the boys there did it for half the car yards up and down parra rd... been going on for years and it pops up as something new on today tonight when they cant get a story on a fat chick ripping off centrelink</div>

Edited by jaffadrifts

<br><br>hahaha i was tech support for big pond for 2 yrs and used to tell callers exactly that....then say optus is better, faster and cheaper...<br>lmmfao

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>also i used to work at an import yard when i left school....we changed the dash on each and every car we bought in.... including odometers and shit. the boys there did it for half the car yards up and down parra rd... been going on for years and it pops up as something new on today tonight when they cant get a story on a fat chick ripping off centrelink</div>

Lol I used to work for telstra and I can't say there went customers I did want to swear at, but after 2 years at telstra and 2 years at westpac, and 2 years as a customer service manager I just believe in treating customers well I'm one of th rare ones

Bahahahaha i know some fat chicks that are doing the dodgy with centrelink

...seems like we're now playing a game of, "Do you know an honest caryard?" :whistling:

This begs the question, "Would you prefer to think the caryard that you're dealing with is honest, even if it isn't?" :whistling:

I've bought both my last cars from the same caryard the guy is Lebanese but I haven't had a mechanical problem with either of them,

In fact I've bought 12 cars in the last 6 years and only 3 were from private sellers and I've had problems with 2 of them,

1 the first r32 I bought I got ripped off quite badly, the engine was blown the day after I bought it and I hadn't even driven it hard yet,

So I trust a dealer more than private sellers

...seems like we're now playing a game of, "Do you know an honest caryard?" :whistling:

This begs the question, "Would you prefer to think the caryard that you're dealing with is honest, even if it isn't?" :whistling:

The same applies to odometers really - plenty of customers would rather not know they're wound back, helps them to appear more honest when they try and sell it on later...

Seriously, there are more important aspects to buying a used car. IMHO the odometer is actually a very trivial fact... it's more about the state the car is in... if it has been smashed or mistreated... for example, if there's ever a car for sale that claims to be a "country" vehicle, the Kms are expected to be high but if it's in good nick it will sell... thinking you're going to get a better deal than the next person is a way of justifying your OWN want for that particular car you set your heart on. When you buy a used car, it's never going to be a perfect car... those are truly rare and extremely expensive... buying a used car is a lottery but there are things like checking for leaks or checking the underside for major repairs.... EVERY SINGLE SKYLINE DELIVERED FROM JAPAN IN THE LAST TEN YEARS HAS HAD THE CLOCK WOUND BACK. If you bought yours on the "LOW KMS" sticker on the windscreen.... guess what.... I bought mine in 2003 with 65000 odd ks on it.... what a load of shit! the car was already 8 years old... considering that cars are driven an estimated 15 - 20 thousand Ks per year on average, i'm guessing that the Japanese previous owners of my ride just sat there and looked at it without actually moving it for days on end... :domokun:

if you are in the market for a car, i hope you have the same luck i did with mine but allow yourself to realize that if in 2011 you are going to find a 10+ year old import with less than 100K on that clock.... IT HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH.

my 1.5 cents...

if you are in the market for a car, i hope you have the same luck i did with mine but allow yourself to realize that if in 2011 you are going to find a 10+ year old import with less than 100K on that clock.... IT HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH.

my 1.5 cents...

Whilst i agree with the rest of your post i dont entirely agree with this statmement.

YES, there are many shonky people out there tying to squeeze extra dollars out of you in the sale by winding down K's but there are also alot of people who legitemately only do 6,000k's a year on their cars and keep them strictly for weekend cruises and take maticulate care of their vehicle at all times.

I was in the GTR market for about 7-8 months before i found mine and I can tell you the windback jobs where very evident. I saw 34 GTR's with completely worn gear knobs, seats, steering wheels and in general crappy condition and the ODO on their pretty Nismo 320kmh dash reads "47,000". Heck my daily has 170,000 on the clock (highway km's) and if I where to cover the ODO and make people guess I would give $50 to anyone who said it was over 100,000km's.

At the end you dont know what the cars been through unless your its first and only owner /thread.

Looking to buy a M35 and they all seem to have kms around the 50-60k mark. Can't be coincidence that all the owners in Japan managed to do the same amount of kms.

Might be some are legitimate but I doubt all would be same ballpark. I would expect them to be more around the 80k mark especially being that the Stagea is a wagon and not a sports car that people would only drive over the weekend in good weather.

Edited by Aegats

Todays episode was an absolute beauty........... http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/latest/article/-/10819431/car-dealer-confrontation/

I have all 3 now on a DVD. Do you think it's something that people would enjoy at the Legends dinner?

If so and providing we can get a player hooked up to their TV's I happy to bring it along.

Thoughts?

Bob.