SAU Community

Eat26 Mnp R33 Gtrvspec

Low oil pressure is now fully understandable!!! Poor stock pistons were putting out over 450whp so they've had a hard life!!!

PS - same wheels as meeeeeeee

PPS - are you going to do some track days with the new engine? Might wanna do brakes too - Ksport 356mm 8pot brake kit is under $2k from UK with EBC Blue pads and they work a bloody treat!!! You know you wanna do it :)

Yeah, we are still not sure but it most likely will be the cause.

Yeah love the RPF1s :) I think yours was the reason why I bought some im not sure... I have to do some trolling lol.

If I do track days I will most likely go DBA4000s until I decide that my calipers need upgrading I want AP Racing mmmmmm AP Racing...

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will be good to see the vcam

should make it quite fast

The V-Cam will be more a lets make it more responsive over fast. but in turn will be quick down the straight :)

I have asked but my goal is 500hp on pump which is achieve able :) given with the quicker response then = WINNING good street/track on occasion car :) then project number 2 will start.

Could you pm me what they charging for for VCT setup thinking of going Down this road for my new build

Your best bet would be to talk to Dan from Elite Racing Developments or ERD for short.

I know they have to drill a oil gallery in the head and then they change cam profiles etc....

Hyper6 Sean my tuner, he is running it in his 32 GTR atm with a T04z runs 1000rpm earlier on the dyno graph its pretty awesome I will try and see if I can get him to post it up or Dan might have a copy.

Well not much has happened, the block has been sent off to the machinist should arrive back early next week from what I have heard, I have received my heater hoses from Performance-Wise and I received my CAS Sensor gasket from Kudos Motorsports.

The engine covers are being painted up along with all the bits and pieces that can be painted of the engine.

I am getting very excited to see the results of the build I am aiming to push 500hp on pump with then going the VCT set up.

Once I get to that I will be then setting the car up with the right suspension settings, brakes etc.

Unfortunately my car will most likely be just as complete as I am going under the knife for hand surgery lol.

Edited by EAT26

no good on the hand mate.

how is everything looking?

I thought Sean was using a different turbo - not a Z?

Ohhh such is life, shit happens lol. I want to keep the bone they remove tho... I am hoping I can it put in with my series of events... Cracked piston, Destroyed Shoei Motorbike Helmet and Bone... lol. would be a good show case lol.

Yeah everything is looking good, got offered some Grex brakes yesterday I am tempted however I want more the engine to be set up right so focusing on that lol.

Nah I am pretty sure its a Z but it might be a differenct brand version of the Z tho.

haha you're a mad bastard.

Grex brakes wouldnt be too bad, I found a set yesterday while lurking :D

Ah, I cant remember exactly anymore - proboost is ringing a bell though

;)

I got offered a set yesterday for swaps of my stock brembo's with 1500 his way ;)

Yeah I think its the proboost version of the Z

go the AP 6 piston fronts, 350 rotors are what i run and they go well on the street and track, 380 if ya really feel the need is available too :P

keep stock rears, or if you wanna upgrade, the 34 brembo's, but generally with good rotors and pads the stock rears are fine.

I have added a few extra things to the build list.

Tomei Sump Baffle

ERD Catch Can Set up.

And I am looking at the Mines Cam baffles....

Oil control is starting to be a thing for me.... not so good for my pocket hahaha.

Engine covers, Plenum, Turbo intake pipe and Strut bar should be all painted and finished tonight.... Might be able to pick them up tomorrow touch wood.

if u are running a wolf, take all that idle shit off under the plenum while the engine is out. thank me later lol.

Lol. Ill let Dan make all those decisions hahaha