SAU Community

Eat26 Mnp R33 Gtrvspec

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting colour. keen to see finished product :)

Pentroof style nice

Yeah it will come together nicely. its going to be somewhat of a chess board in the engine bay lol.

I actually never saw the Pentroof style before you mentioned it lol. but I do like it.

Currently just chasing up the Jun oil pump as they are out of stock until end of December.... so a part change is a possibility said to maybe look at Reimax, HKS or Nismo Oil pump.... Thanks for the suggestion on the oil pump ForceFED ;) lol.

Yeah it will come together nicely. its going to be somewhat of a chess board in the engine bay lol.

I actually never saw the Pentroof style before you mentioned it lol. but I do like it.

Currently just chasing up the Jun oil pump as they are out of stock until end of December.... so a part change is a possibility said to maybe look at Reimax, HKS or Nismo Oil pump.... Thanks for the suggestion on the oil pump ForceFED ;) lol.

I need to talk to Daniel-San re-Nismo oil pump actually. Reimax is probably the "best" bang for buck pending information about nismo item. :thumbsup: I'll keep you posted on my findings

I need to talk to Daniel-San re-Nismo oil pump actually. Reimax is probably the "best" bang for buck pending information about nismo item. :thumbsup: I'll keep you posted on my findings

Yeah I spoke to dan, he said to me the pump is 1 of the only things he is waiting on to put it back together.

I suggested Nismo, HKS, and Reimax but as my alternatives.

My concern is that the Nismo is made in the same factory as the N1s.... thus having crappy material...

I do know the Tomei, Nitto and Greddy pumps have been breaking so they are not an option.....

Edited by EAT26

Negative, the Nismo item is different to the N1.

That was my only concern that IF it was made... Im not sure where its made...

Do you know where its made dudette?

It's not a matter of where. More what it's made from mate :P

Ummmm arent the Nitto pumps breaking their gears? from my understanding Dan is pressing me to get 1 made in Japan over 1 made in china like the Tomei or Nitto....

I'm just going by what Dan is telling me lol after all If he doesn't trust the pumps then they mustn't be worth the risk. I'd say the jun is still the option sadly with the month and half wait for it to be made

2 Nitto pumps are documented to have failed as of a month or 2 back. Both oil pump drive related from what I gathered.

Just caught wind of this. Have not heard anything about these failed pumps (which I normally would being an Aussie manufacturer) and if this is so I would be keen to hear about it. Can you enlighten me?

NO casting is done in Taiwan (nothing like china) and currently doing a revised housing as we speak. Cost to cast in AUS would price pump out of the market.

Gears and backing plate manufactured here in Australia.

post-73719-0-08678000-1322434587_thumb.jpg

Ahhk, I remembered someone saying they were cast OS (was probably yourself that said it) Just assumed China

Going a little off topic now...but when are you guys releasing 1JZ rods and/or a stroker kit (for those of us weird people who dont want to put a 2J in their car :whistling:

Will let you know...I dont plan on opening up the engine for a while yet anyway.

See my build thread called "the lag meister" if you want to keep the JZ chat up, saves hi-jacking Kyles thread.