SAU Community

Eat26 Mnp R33 Gtrvspec

omg and its drivin itself !!!!! vct ?? :thumbsup:

VCT isn't in yet, It will be in within a couple months tho after I pay for my plane ticket(Going overseas for a month)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good! I got a valley badge done by Dryden too - quality gear!

Dont know if the white will be easy to keep clean in the engine bay though haha

Looking good! I got a valley badge done by Dryden too - quality gear!

Dont know if the white will be easy to keep clean in the engine bay though haha

Yeah Dryden do some good work, I am close mates with them.

Batcho 1 of the Dryden Boys is currently building his E36 Couple with a LS1 Turbo... might end up being twin turbo with the way he goes but certainly they know what they are doing.

Cory's Evo is well worth checking out aswell... 99GSR... the fuel system plate for it is awesome I want 1 for the GTR but can't do it atm... not going E85 yet so it'll have to wait...

I am pretty much gonna use a wax on it to try keep it clean.... but keeping it clean isn't gonna be the issue cause honestly I only pop the hood to change the oil, I just wanted it to be cleaned up a bit.

I love this car. :wub:

I'd seen your build thread but got to actually see it in person when I dropped my car off at ERD, looks even tougher in person.

I can see why not everyone likes the white engine covers, but I think it really accents the rb26 outline nicely and the RPF1's are just perfect for 33 GTR's for some reason.

Keep the pics and videos coming!

I love this car. :wub:

I'd seen your build thread but got to actually see it in person when I dropped my car off at ERD, looks even tougher in person.

I can see why not everyone likes the white engine covers, but I think it really accents the rb26 outline nicely and the RPF1's are just perfect for 33 GTR's for some reason.

Keep the pics and videos coming!

Cheers bud,

Yeah I love the Rpf1's I am looking at buying another set for the track.. 17x10s to fit a bit bigger tire.

Yeah it's gonna be a pain to keep clean but I'm gonna wax it every now and then to keep it a little fresher.

Yeah Dan at ERD is driving around in it atm, doing the first 1000kms to make sure everything is sweet.

Once I get it back I'll have a video up within a couple weeks.

I'll give that front bar about 2 weeks before it goes to god Kyle. :thumbsup:

Hahahaha I just picked up a series 1/2 standard lip in a unbelievably good condition...

426237_268276173248205_100001974734909_633966_1787890917_n.jpg

Picked it up at about $200 but still gotta get it into the country... so the Greddy lip will have to last until then ;) lol.

RWD!?

You take the front drive shaft out to tune it.

Many claim you loose 100+hp.... but lies lol. A quite well known GTR did back to back RWD to AWD to RWD dyno runs with only a loss of 15hp... with heat soak ;)

Edited by EAT26

• 2 weeks later...

All going to plan, I pick up the GTR this thursday... I have been given it's power figure but it's not 100% yet... Sean(Tuner) is not 100% happy with the full throttle so he is going to tweak it some more.

I will be posting a dyno sheet, when I get it :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late update.

Got the car back, so far so good running beautiful... LOVE driving the thing again, but I am happy I got a shitbox daily to drive around in... never realized how loud the GTR was until I got back in it.

Noel you were right... did not even last 2 weeks hahahaha Dan was driving it and it cracked.... then I had to get it towed due to a noise and took the lip off when it was on the truck snapped clean in 2... Luckily I got the new lip coming, but atm It's filthy it gets a full detail this weekend and I dunno if to wait for the new lip or purchase a fibre glass 1 just for the time being.

common man vids or pics !? power graph ?? such an interesting build and im hangin to see what dan has cooked up !!

I'll get pics and maybe some videos this week when I am off work.

I will post the dyno graph then aswell hahaha. It is must more responsive and I have yet to give it fullstick yet too.. so that's something to wait for I am getting it detailed tomorrow finally.

Ohhh and I am running the new Wolf V550 instead of the V500 runs smoother better tuning, good little upgrade :)

• 2 weeks later...

So It's taken a while to upload the dyno sheet... as I have been busy buying **** for the car again hahaha.

The most current and up to date dyno sheet. The car made 492hp but had timing jitter so I need a crank trigger sensor for it to be pushed further so we backed it off. Current rev limit is 8000rpm which is a 500rpm decrease due to timing jitter.

I will be doing the rest of the VCT and the crank trigger sensor at the same time to hopefully see me push over 500hp with vct.

564182_314005485341940_161312077_n.jpg

I have also just purchased a second hand series 1/2 lip for $200 bucks, just need to painted and put on. As well as a set of HA Tein Coilovers for the GTR... Just need a couple of adjustable camber arms and we're good.

Edited by EAT26

Hey Kyle,

Looks like its going well mate. Just wondering what your in the seat of the pants feeling was with the VCT? It appears to have given you an extra 40hp through the majority of the rpm range so would expect it to be a lot more alive. Do you feel it was well worth it?

Also with the timing jiitters, Paul from Red R Racing, as well as a few other places, actually modifies the standard item to stop it. It works out alot cheaper from what I have seen and also looks more stock. Just a thought.

When that issue is sorted to you expect to see much more mid range or is that about all Dan and Sean thinks it will get but with more top end?

Any chance you have a graph with Rpm and possibly torque figures? As I feel that the torque would have been majorly improved by the VCT and the RPM helps make a more comparable result.

Either way man looks good!

Bet your happy to have it back and on the road.

Matt

Hey Kyle,

Looks like its going well mate. Just wondering what your in the seat of the pants feeling was with the VCT? It appears to have given you an extra 40hp through the majority of the rpm range so would expect it to be a lot more alive. Do you feel it was well worth it?

Also with the timing jiitters, Paul from Red R Racing, as well as a few other places, actually modifies the standard item to stop it. It works out alot cheaper from what I have seen and also looks more stock. Just a thought.

When that issue is sorted to you expect to see much more mid range or is that about all Dan and Sean thinks it will get but with more top end?

Any chance you have a graph with Rpm and possibly torque figures? As I feel that the torque would have been majorly improved by the VCT and the RPM helps make a more comparable result.

Either way man looks good!

Bet your happy to have it back and on the road.

Matt

I haven't got the VCT installed yet. I have the head modification to do it but the VCT still needs to get the cams and install and tune. The extra 40ish hp is from the new ECU.

Yeah Dan has got a source for a off the shelf item that is a crank trigger which means its safer and able to rev more etc etc... so I'll be going with that. I feel the new ECU is worth the little bit of outlay.

Sean has a graph of his before and after on his GTR but as far as I know it's the only complete VCT set up they have and he only has the inlet cam.. as where I and someone else from ERD's customer list is going both inlet and exhaust cam.

• 2 weeks later...