SAU Community

How do you fit a subwoofer under the R33 shelf?

Fhrx

I’ve had numerous people asking me over PM’s how we manage to fit a subwoofer under the R33 shelf next to the battery. This is one example of how it’s done. This R33 belongs to a certain member here. :D

skyline_enclosure.jpg

Fhrx,

Out of curiousity would you recommend such an enclosure as the one shown here with a single 10" as a simple and effective (quality wise) means of installing a sub or is there another position/type of enclosure that you would recommend.

Granted there are a lot of contributing factors but what are your thoughts on basic sub install enclosures and locations for a skyline that even a beginner could understand.

As always cheers mate!

-Alex

in that pic where is the amp and if it hasn't been placed there where will it be placed remembering if the subs is running lots of power the amp in a confined space will most probably over heat... i found that out with my amp

why would u want a sub mounted there? that would be terrible. subs in parcel shelfs = no no.

ive always been told to box them, and in a coupe face them backwards so they're facing out of the boot and not towards the front of the car. same concept with amping 6x9's big no no