SAU Community

Help! Intel Hd Disabled To Run Gtx 560

teinbits

Hey Guys!

tried to play Battlefield 3 last night but it kept loading using my shitty Intel HD graphics instead of my GTX 560....

so i went in to control panel and Disabled the Intel HD graphics......then my screen went black! and now thats all it does when i switch the PC on......can anybody advise me on how to resolve this issue??

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by teinbits

thanks for the reply so fast!

nothings silly mate, im not the biggest wiz with pc's I just bought the rig aswell.

I plugged the monitor in using the blue cable the monitor came with, with the 2 blue nobs on the side and you plug and screw it in.....if you can understand ?

should I try using a HDMI cable from the GPU to Monitor?....i will try that tonight asap.

as for the BIOS you mentioned.....I will have to look it up on google lol I dont know what it is...

Thank you,

All good dude :) lemme take a pic of something though, this is just an example pc i have here at work, nothing special:

A8Jbf.jpg

Have you plugged it into the top circle, or the plugs on the bottom one? Also yeah, you'd be using the DSUB connection, that's the old analogue signal. In the picture I've posted, in the bottom circle, the white connection is DVI; MUCH better picture quality.

Ah this was easily sorted,

The bottom pic is of a dedicated graphics solution, that's where you want to plug your monitor into, preferably using the white cable as cpd mentioned It's DVI (Digital Video Interface)

You might get what's called Overscan on your screen; basically what happens is what's displaying on the screen is a little smaller; same resolution, but it leaves a black border around the outside. That's what I was getting anyway; gave me the shits pretty hard. They're both digital connections, so they'll both be perfectly fine. What size monitor do you have, if you don't mind me asking? Anything that's not super-high-res like the new Dell/Apple 27" screens, DVI is fine (also with Dual-Link DVI when you hit that size, or Thunderbolt for those of us using the Apple screen on Macbook Airs ;) )

TL;DR: HDMI = fine but overscan issues, DVI = winner

Isn't hdmi the same as dvi apart from the ability to also have audio?

Also if you we're to play 3D, wouldn't it run through the one hdmi where as you'd need two connections via dvi??

Point is, if you have hdmi, use that connection. The overscan issue is a weird one, though.

Apparently not; I've come across it a few times in fixing machines. A few different cards too; ATi 4870, nVidia 560Ti, and I can't quite remember what the other one was (about 3 years ago now though).

Either way: Try HDMI, and if it has issues, go DVI :) Cables are cheap enough, anyway. And worst case, if HDMI overscans, then you've got a spare HDMI cable! Whoo!

haha, im using a 27" full hd LG screen :thumbsup:

well i guess ill be off to msy to buy me some hdmi/dvi they are like $6 for 1m cable lol too easy......mate i really hope this solves the issue, as i was pissed last night just buying the pc and all :worship: lol

S2 'SAU' :cheers:

I just remembered I had a similar issue with my TV via HDMI.

When set to "Scan" it had a black border around the image, but after changing it to "16:9", the black border was gone.

Perhaps need to reset the monitor settings if you also have such an issue...