SAU Community

Light Weight Audio System In My Gtr

Weapon X

if your a DIY guy it looks pretty good , just needs a finish off panel over the battery area

good to show it doesnt take a fortune to make good sound , just a good selection and install.

where did you mount your tweeters ? are they the titanium models ?

hints

the box would sound better if it wasn't symmetrical a "close to perfect square" box has too many standing waves that cancel out the bass a bit, a little pillow stuffing /poly fill on the back wall of the box would improve that wthout reconstructing the box. it is sealed I hope ?

the box didnt need to come out so far, you could have used the space behind the panel better.

that metal trim on the box can cut the hell out of you or items in the boot... round it off a bit maybe paint it black to vanish , it stands out a lot... looks like a roadie box for band equipment a bit

do you have plastic panel on the amp take a load set on top of it ? or do you have a strong cover ?

does the amp have room to breath in the heat ?

Edited by Carbon 34

if your a DIY guy it looks pretty good , just needs a finish off panel over the battery area

good to show it doesnt take a fortune to make good sound , just a good selection and install.

where did you mount your tweeters ? are they the titanium models ?

hints

the box would sound better if it wasn't symmetrical a "close to perfect square" box has too many standing waves that cancel out the bass a bit, a little pillow stuffing /poly fill on the back wall of the box would improve that wthout reconstructing the box. it is sealed I hope ?

the box didnt need to come out so far, you could have used the space behind the panel better.

that metal trim on the box can cut the hell out of you or items in the boot... round it off a bit maybe paint it black to vanish , it stands out a lot... looks like a roadie box for band equipment a bit

do you have plastic panel on the amp take a load set on top of it ? or do you have a strong cover ?

does the amp have room to breath in the heat ?

I have been in the car audio business since 1992 " Ground Pounders Car Audio" in fact I was one of the first Lanzar dealers. So yes I never build boxes like this small sealed square yes I have poly inside. There might be another .25 sq ft of space behind the box. I was looking for the lightest possible setup. Tweets are in the factory spot on custom brakets just couldn't cut anything in this car it's one of 33 here in the states that's legal.

And the aluminum trim was to match the looks of the amp and speaker to reflect light in the dark with the amps blue light I never put anything in the trunk but a 1/4"plexiglass cover is going over it but I have to drill the vent holes in it first.

I see your a bass addict I built the loudest car in the central USA in 1998. 2000 watt class at 164 db. Honda Civic with eight 15" subs.

Edited by Weapon X

I have been in the car audio business since 1992 " Ground Pounders Car Audio" in fact I was one of the first Lanzar dealers. So yes I never build boxes like this small sealed square yes I have poly inside. There might be another .25 sq ft of space behind the box. I was looking for the lightest possible setup. Tweets are in the factory spot on custom brakets just couldn't cut anything in this car it's one of 33 here in the states that's legal.

And the aluminum trim was to match the looks of the amp and speaker to reflect light in the dark with the amps blue light I never put anything in the trunk but a 1/4"plexiglass cover is going over it but I have to drill the vent holes in it first.

I see your a bass addict I built the loudest car in the central USA in 1998. 2000 watt class at 164 db. Honda Civic with eight 15" subs.

Where did you work ? I'm from central USA - Denver and used to build a lot of dealer demo cars for Sema, and CES. and been in the12v industry since 87

No, mines bigger :nyaanyaa:

no Im pretty sure mine is much much bigger..lol and weighs a lot more even with the whole boot install made out of carbon fiber and alloy

I was curious about where he worked to see if we crossed paths in a past life..lol from the looks of it its winnipeg canada. BURRRRRRR damn cold up there

Im sure some of his clients used to buy gear from us in the us and drag it back into canada to save the taxes. when I lived in Montana in 91 they would fill a truck up and drive it back over the border.

so being in canada you would have noticed my car is in this septembers Performace auto and sound mag page 158 ? and why do all the super hot chicks live in canada lol

Where did you work ? I'm from central USA - Denver and used to build a lot of dealer demo cars for Sema, and CES. and been in the12v industry since 87

My shop was in the middle of Missouri from 1992-2000 I give up on selling audio to all but friends. I was at the Lanzar partys in Tulsa Ok in 93-94. Talk about Super Hot chicks remember that blonde they hired to walk around and pose....WOW. She was in all kinds of pics and poster back then for all kinds of stuff.

What do you think about my head unit?? I've had it since 95 and one more. I'm just oldschool or just old. My son is building and selling audio setups now. I also have the last set of USD hand formed fiberglass A60 wave guides.

I have always built custom homes since I was a kid so that's what I still do more money. I'm not sure if anyone makes real money in audio with Ebay around.