SAU Community

Gtr Triple Gauge Swap

shane344

OK, I have been paying more attention to 33 GTRs in mags lately since getting my RS4s.

I noticed a couple had Nismo gauges in the centre console which showed a much more useful stuff than mine:

2011-11-04195004.jpg

Its my white shirt reflecting not a scratch:)

I have had a quick search and not found much other than these:

http://www.nengun.co...skyline-r33-gtr

R33 consoles also have a notch top right that the c34 dash doesn't...

I would much rather a water temp than battery voltage and a more useable boost scale would be sweet.

Are the sensors wired to the plugs in the dash or would i have to find a water temp signal?

I do not want external gauges, I still like the torque split and my clock.

Anyone know for certs?

I have been looking at these and thinking the same thing. While messing around with the stereo I noticed the gauges are a single pcb board with one plug in the back. I guess you could workout which wires are for the individual sensors and hack a connection to the Nismo ones if the signals are the same.

I am starting to think Defi Gauge setups would be easier, I think Nick has one of these(?).

The Defi DIN Gauge would be eaiser...but the gauges are 2 temps and 1 pressure and there is not other combinations. Unless that's what your after.

At least you got triple gauges and the ablity to mount gauges at the top of centre console...us RS4V guys have to contend with gauges either in the middle or the bottom (damn double din headunit)

I've got Defi gauges, but it's 3 separate 52mm meters, not a DIN gauge like that shown. As for the double-DIN stereo, I got rid of mine because it was starting to play up anyway. Lucky for me, my car (being an s1) doesn't have the climate control functions trapped in there.

The DEFI gauges look pretty cool.

Interesting that Nissan didnt just leave them the same as an R33 or an R32 GTR...

And Yes I am stoked I have gauges any at all.

Edited by shane344

Yeah i was looking at the nismo r33 gauges aswell (i like the torque split too), just bog up the corner and paint or di-noc over it! Then figure out connections... oh and its oil temp btw!

Or, you can get single din, tripple gauge (staggered), faces for about $25, from most good parts stores (cant remember the part number off the top of my head - i'll put it here later)! Then fit any guage you want.