SAU Community

Dba 4000 Old Slot Vs. T3 New Slot ?

cobrAA

Hello guys,

For some reason, here in Canada, we can't get the new T3 slot rotor but you guys do. I'm wondering if it's worth the times to just wait for the new design or it's just a gimmick !?

Please give me your input . I'm really not a brake guru and don't know much about rotors.

I understand but what's so different with the new T3 beside the design of the slot? the material hasnt changed?

Nothing. Material is exactly the same. The old design doesn't crack provided it's had sufficient heat cycles put through it, which is exactly the same with the new T3 design, and indeed most rotors that you intend on using on the track.

They've changed the design to reduce stock level requirements and prevent people being sent the wrong part (left and right are the same) and just freshen the product up...

My traditional 4000's cracked after a dozen or so track days. We had two GTR's crack 4000's on the same PI weekend mid way through the season.

All cracked in exactly the same pot, the small slot on the outside of the disk.

Exactly the same process for 5000's and now ksport...no cracking...

So... if I might ask, without getting the traditionnal '' search Mate!'' , what do you guys use for brembo caliper beside EXPENSIVE 2pieces rotors?

I keep searching brembo r33 rotor and I can't find many of them.. Powerslot,DBA, Project-Mu,oem, Ksport, Japspeed ?