SAU Community

Fuel Setup

MsR

hi everyone,

ive been umming and ahhing about going e85, and seeing how its going to run 30% more flow, fuel system is the first thing to look into. used the search and googled alot but no definitive answers. here is my current shopping list:

vehicle: 33 GTR

- 2.5L surge tank

- 2 x bosch 044 pumps

- intank for lifter pump

- aeroquip fuel hose pushlock for within boot (becuase had heaps of fittings to suit already)

- braid for everything else

- required fittings

- twin entry fuel rail

- ID1000's

- Nismo FPR

1st question: what size lines should i be running to and from the engine? ive heard of people running the 044's into the stock supply and return lines and run a new return hose from the FPR back to the tank. ive read that the stock fuel lines are about 8mm, but how would i get a fuel hose from the 044 to the stock lines? i understand would be easier to just run everything new.

2nd question: the new fuel rail is a Trust one, centre return is a -6. how do i get that onto the nismo fpr where the opening seems alot smaller. on same topic, what size return fuel line should be run? -6? -8?

im planning to do all this myself to save some coin, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lines are as fallow:

-6an for up to 600hp

-8an for up to 800hp

Etc

This is the usual way to determine what size of lines to run.

Basicly that is.

Use your oem line to your external fuel surge tank and run the 044 from the surge tank to the fuel rail

I have never run corn fuel or what ever so might way to ask your local tuner what's best.usually you need to run larger injectors ect then what you will need to run on pump gas

2- dont use a Nismo fpr

Use a sard

Problem solve

Edited by koe

• 2 weeks later...

Mate i have the same setup as you described on my Built 26 running E42...

Bosch 040 intank feeding the 2.5l surge tank

i have twin -6 Teflon Braided lines feeding each half of the sard rail with one 044 for each line... i am using a sard FPR witch returns down the stock steel lines conected to the center of the rail.... ( removed all the flex rubber fuel line because ethanoll eats rubber and replaced with ethanoll resistent stuff or Teflon Braid)

This car has been making 600hp on pump fuel for 3 years and is now on e42 making 555hp with 5psi less boost (20psi)