SAU Community

I Cant Wait For Christmas!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are using power fc and fc logit please send your data.

I can check data and if possible I will adjust then send back to you.

Do you have wide band AFR meter?

Im using x2 shops dyno and both mainline dyno but I can not tell same power or different power.

Yes,power is depends on dyno so 10-15kw different.

I think your RB did not install Bosch 044 size.

Or fuel module broken.

Fuel module is in boost right hand side and adjusting fuel pump voltage.

If this is broken , power only 10V so fuel will lean.

oh give up son.....

fuel pump doesn't make any difference to the power output, there was nothing wrong with the pump ecu, the pump was wired to a relay straight off the battery

Yes I have a wide band, it is sitting on the passenger seat of my soarer because I sold the skyline 12 months ago.

and NO, you will not be touching a single thing on any of my cars.

JESUS CHRIST!

oh give up son.....

fuel pump doesn't make any difference to the power output, there was nothing wrong with the pump ecu, the pump was wired to a relay straight off the battery

Yes I have a wide band, it is sitting on the passenger seat of my soarer because I sold the skyline 12 months ago.

and NO, you will not be touching a single thing on any of my cars.

JESUS CHRIST!

Fuel pump will make different injector duty.

lol

on my old R33 - when I went to a high flow I upgraded the injectors. the car made 225rwkw or something

I then went to a GT-RS with powerFC, z32, walbro pump and nismo 555cc injectors and made 255rwkw at unigroup engineering - Yavuz - who is well regarded here. he even suggest 555cc was on the lower side and I should have considered larger ones if I was going more boost etc.

at the track my duty cycle was 85% IIRC on that set up.

if i had standard injectors..well..wouldnt want to know...

fuel pressure reg upped pressure on standard injectors

nizmo Fuel Pressure Reg

Yeah by upping the rail pressure, this is dodgy and not recommended. By the time you buy a reg and rail you could have just got new injectors anyway....

Im using knock monitor k-mon and knock around 20.

Not on a mail tune you aren't, a mail tune for 250kw on stock injectors is playing with fire! Especially if you have to bump up the rail pressure, then you are completely guessing! this is a bad idea toshi!

Fuel pump will make different injector duty.

Wut? The duty is completely controlled by the ecu.. the fuel pump might mean more fuel is injected at that duty cycle if the old one was failing, if it wasn't failing then it won't make any difference, that is the whole point of the regulator?

What exactly are we talking I need for Nistune though.

I been trying to read up about it and it sounds like a bit of a screw around.

Tell me if im missing anything.

Also do I lose any functions such as my aircon etc.

-Z32 ECU or R32 ECU (what motor from the R32?)

-Z32 AFM

-Some window switch (read about it but wouldnt have a clue why I need it lol)

-Nistune board (do I need software or is that only if i want to have it on my own laptop?)

Thanks guys

No more of a f**k around than any other ECU imo. Z32 afm will be needed for any turbo over 230-240ish kw unless you go a MAP based ecu like adaptronic, wolf etc.Being as you have R33 with VCT and the R33 ECU cannot be nistuned you need an R32 or Z32 ECU, the R32 one always works, I've read of a few issues with Z32, R32 ecu however can't control your VCT solenoid so you need a window switch. If you are going a big turbo I recommend a boost controller anyway, and the eboost street and eboost 2 both have a window switch built in. Window switch is about $100, boost controller is around $400

R32/Z32 ecu $100

nistune ~$400

Z32 AFM $300

Injectors $? depends what you go for anywhere from a few hundred to $700

Highflow turbo $700-1500 1

Clutch if you aren't running something tricked up already $1000

Tune $400-800

Total: ~$3700

or

full standalone ecu, 1000-1800 ish

Z32 AFM or window switch needed

Injectors

Turbo

Clutch

Tune

Total $4200+

You might think you can do it cheaper, but I can guarantee you you can't. You will almost certainly come into problems like air leaks, dodgy intercoolers that aren't good enough, broken studs, installation costs, more broken parts, diagnostic fee if you pay someone. Make sure you realise that this will be at least a 4000 upgrade once you factor in needed new tyres and all the other crap that comes with having lots of power

Edited by Rolls

Im using knock monitor k-mon and knock around 20.

That wasnt what I asked, what I asked was how much ignition timing did you have to pull out because of the lean spot at peak torque

Peak torque needs the most fuel as the engine is the most efficient, at 13.something :1 afr tells me straight away that you couldnt give the car anymore fuel.

I bet on a hot day it pings there every time unless there is bugger all timing

ye, but VG30s make peak at 6200,

Just had a look at some other graphs of VG30s, they do keep climbing a little after 4500rpm

this one, has a microguess and bigger injectors Edit - Tomei Reg

typical microtech fuel curve, but it makes another 60kws between 4000 and 6500

fz300.gif

Yeah by upping the rail pressure, this is dodgy and not recommended. By the time you buy a reg and rail you could have just got new injectors anyway....

Not on a mail tune you aren't, a mail tune for 250kw on stock injectors is playing with fire! Especially if you have to bump up the rail pressure, then you are completely guessing! this is a bad idea toshi!

Wut? The duty is completely controlled by the ecu.. the fuel pump might mean more fuel is injected at that duty cycle if the old one was failing, if it wasn't failing then it won't make any difference, that is the whole point of the regulator?

I send chip by mail order so Im telling to customer please go to dyno for check AFR and engine knock.

So dyno operator checking AFR and engine knock.

If engine will knock or AFR is too lean or rich I will send another chip.(some time talk to dyno operator)

I do not doing bigger injector mail order.

Im doing std injector only.

Also Im writing If you are not happy I will refund money.

If fuel pump change to bigger fuel pump , fuel pressure will bit come up (if do not adjust fuel pressure ) so fuel will rich side.

2011-10-21191328.jpg

holy shit look at that AFR at peak torque, 13.2:1 !!?? it is 12:1 at the lowest the rest of the way, absolutely no safety margin there at all.

no thanks

I fixed AFR to 12.5 at around 4000rpm on dyno.

Customer up load sheet before fix AFR.

But yes , I adjusted AFR12.5 around 4000rpm and 6000rpm around 11.5-12.(also UNIQUE AFR 4000rpm 12.5)

He told me never go to race track so I think this AFR not problem.

I explained to him if you will go to race track I need adjust AFR to around 11.

Oh and how many times does a guy have to fork out 100 bucks for dyno time for each chip. Not to mention not bring able to drive the car.

Simply guessing the tune is a horrid way to do things

So it is 500 bucks for the chip + 100 dollars or more for a dyno check, tune is crap, send ecu back fit new chip, another 100 odd bucks on the dyno and repeat

If someone fits your chip and the motor blows up because it detonates itself to bits or melts piston crowns etc will you replace the motor?

True will he??

Of course not.

The whole point is why get a mail order tune when you can just pay for someone to dyno tune it properly with knock detection and wideband logging equipment. You won't save any money in the long run and you will end up with a 'guess' tune that is far from spot on.

I fixed AFR to 12.5 at around 4000rpm on dyno.

Customer up load sheet before fix AFR.

But yes , I adjusted AFR12.5 around 4000rpm and 6000rpm around 11.5-12.(also UNIQUE AFR 4000rpm 12.5)

He told me never go to race track so I think this AFR not problem.

I explained to him if you will go to race track I need adjust AFR to around 11.

12.5 AFR at peak torque in a country like Australia where we see 40c summers? 'I think' isn't really good enough when you have a two thousand dollars worth of engine to replace if it goes pop.

To the death dudes. Good to watch the dedication from the side line but me I'm over it now.

............... the winner will be anounced on the following page........................

Sometimes you have to beat a dead horse to get the point across.

Edited by Rolls

Oh and how many times does a guy have to fork out 100 bucks for dyno time for each chip. Not to mention not bring able to drive the car.

Simply guessing the tune is a horrid way to do things

So it is 500 bucks for the chip + 100 dollars or more for a dyno check, tune is crap, send ecu back fit new chip, another 100 odd bucks on the dyno and repeat

If someone fits your chip and the motor blows up because it detonates itself to bits or melts piston crowns etc will you replace the motor?

Who told you ????

Please give me my customer name.

Dyno operator check knock and AFR properly , engine never blow up .

Also I said if not happy I refund money.

Price is $400 for std turbo and dyno around $80-100.

Yes, around 3% need retune so some time dyno fee x2.

Power will get around 190-200kw AFR11-12 depend customer.

If he will go to race track I will tune to AFR 11.