Rb26Dett With Mods Not Making Power :-/

livewire

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I was somewhat surprised and very happy with the results. Another reason I think the kilometres on the car are genuine. And I guess engine was the worst case scenario for not making power and would be most expensive to fix so big relief lol.

• 2 months later...

Gday fellas, thought I'd give you an update. I bought this car off Livewire a few days ago and I've just completed it's first service. Ran an oil flush through it, took three hours and 4 trips to auto1 to get the oil filter off, it was branded AUTOMAC with japanese writing? easily half the size of the ryco replacement and was full of sludge... Revving nice and smoother now, far better torque down low and the oil pressure is sitting just below 4 and not 2 (let me know if this isn't right please?) But it's now developed a miss on boost so I'll be getting new coils and plugs on monday, rewire the fuel pump straight to the battery and get a retune

Try some good ole fashioned trial and error like XKLABA and then you really learn things.

All these idiots who get their cars built at a workshop and then have the audacity to preach that their mechanical prowess is on the same level as the engine builder/tuner - Get off your high horses and put your money where your mouth is, by building your own damn motor.

Try some good ole fashioned trial and error like XKLABA and then you really learn things.

All these idiots who get their cars built at a workshop and then have the audacity to preach that their mechanical prowess is on the same level as the engine builder/tuner - Get off your high horses and put your money where your mouth is, by building your own damn motor.

Such an angry first post

Gday fellas, thought I'd give you an update. I bought this car off Livewire a few days ago and I've just completed it's first service. Ran an oil flush through it, took three hours and 4 trips to auto1 to get the oil filter off, it was branded AUTOMAC with japanese writing? easily half the size of the ryco replacement and was full of sludge... Revving nice and smoother now, far better torque down low and the oil pressure is sitting just below 4 and not 2 (let me know if this isn't right please?) But it's now developed a miss on boost so I'll be getting new coils and plugs on monday, rewire the fuel pump straight to the battery and get a retune

I ran a wire from the back of the alternator, straight from the horses mouth so to speak

Whilst i completely agree with this statement, i have to point out a few things, at least that relate to my situation. Not every one has the time, facilities, or tools to build their own car..

But yes, im not one of those "idiots". They get on my nerves too :)

OP, awesome car. I installed my own fuel pump too :) was a pain in the ass! But got there in the end. Mine was in there tighter than a sphincter holding back gas in packed cinema lol.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested here's a list:

• Timing was good
  • Spark plugs were incorrect coppers and were showing signs of overheating
  • Coil pack #2 had visible burn marks
  • Idle control was not set
  • AFMs were set as RB25 with too much K-factor correcting, they are stock NOT nismo
  • And last but not least stock turbos...

If anyone is interested here's a list:

• Timing was good
  • Spark plugs were incorrect coppers and were showing signs of overheating
  • Coil pack #2 had visible burn marks
  • Idle control was not set
  • AFMs were set as RB25 with too much K-factor correcting, they are stock NOT nismo
  • And last but not least stock turbos...

What heat range where the coppers?

STD coil packs after 20 years of operation often have burn marks in the side. Not a good thing but not uncommon.

Idle control not set? Did the base bypass valve screw need adjusting?

Were the turbos n1's -as in steel wheeled STD turbo's?

Ok im thinking the turbo's are steel wheeled. Similar to -7's. Even if they arent it should still make the power.

Are u 100% sure the AFM's are stock. The nismo's are in a stock size casing so they are bolt on.

6 heat range is fine but 7 is better to help prevent pre ignition.

Who worked all this out for u?

Have u tried changing cam timing?

Ok im thinking the turbo's are steel wheeled. Similar to -7's. Even if they arent it should still make the power.

Are u 100% sure the AFM's are stock. The nismo's are in a stock size casing so they are bolt on.

6 heat range is fine but 7 is better to help prevent pre ignition.

Who worked all this out for u?

Have u tried changing cam timing?

I'm thinking the same about the turbos. Sean at efi did the tune and he was very confident it's stock.