SAU Community

Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor

markdem

i want to modify my rb25 s2 and im trying to find the intake manifold pressure sensor. i think it might be the solenoid looking device located along with the AAC valve - the one with the purple clip.

its definitely not the black box with an air line attached to it located near the brake booster because this car doesnt have one. nor am i talking about the wastegate actuator

im not trying to fit a boost gauge, i already have one installed. all i want to know is where the manifold pressure sensor is

post-74771-0-91323900-1324260705_thumb.jpg

are you talking about the MAP sensor for the stock boost gauge? Cause thats the only MAP sensor that the S2 (R33) RB25 will have.

Its located on the drivers side near the firewalll. Has a boost line going to it, and a wiring harness plugged into it (4 pin or maybe 5 pin?)

That thing you have circled in your photo is part of the AAC valve, its not a sensor

Edited by 89CAL

Ok..... Your trying to fit a boost gauge.... an aftermarket one?

If so it should either come with its own MAP sensor (if electronic) or should require a direct boost feed to the gauge (if mechanical)

If your fitting the standard gauge (in standard cluster) then that black box is what that is for. So if its not there, then you need to get one.

im not fitting a boost gauge. im trying to make a PWM circuit that actuvates at a certain boost level. instead of buying an expensive vacuum pressure sensor and fitting it to the product, i was hoping to use an existing sensor already installed on the car

im not fitting a boost gauge. im trying to make a PWM circuit that actuvates at a certain boost level. instead of buying an expensive vacuum pressure sensor and fitting it to the product, i was hoping to use an existing sensor already installed on the car

Whoops sorry. Didnt see the 'not' in 'not trying to install a boost gauge'

The MAP sensor for the boost gauge is the only one on the car from factory, because it runs MAF.

Best bet if any sensor will do might be to try and find someone who's got rid of there stock boost sensor and buy it off them. But at the same time I think there only a 1bar unit so might not be any good for what your after. I think in the PFC FAQ thread paulr33 lists some MAP sensors that can be used with the DJetro that are cheaper then buying the Apexi sensor. Maybe give that a look

i would like to make a very CHEAP jaycar type device. jaycar already has a digital pulse adjuster kit which retails around $80 plus the hand controller for around $65.

if i can make a similar, although less powerful pulse adjuster for about 1/3 of that price, and make it easier to use, hopefuly people would be interested in buying them

im trying to design it to be controlled by 2 potentiometers: one for determining how much fuel is delivered and another for determining when its delivered. sort of like how a boost tee works. but i may need to add more buttons n shit to give it more flexibility.

• Like 1