SAU Community

Boxheads R32 Gt-R

Oil cooler and relocator kit is in the process of being installed, but it seems unlikely there will be room on the drivers side front to mount the cooler due to blow-off valve piping taking up most of that space. Paul seems intent there is too much stuff already around the radiator mounts to place it where most do and it seems the only option which I was looking at anyway is on the passenger side front. He has also suggested up in front of the battery which i'm not liking(possible heat source problems here) really, but not sure yet. We may have to get some new lines to reach and Jez said he goes to Pirtek, I was thinking Enzed might be able to supply the right type of hoses for this, and the oil catch can hoses which will be replaced. A Trust Airynx kit piping kit has been ordered too, so the K&N's are not going on now it seems.

So realistically we are looking to get that I can remember:

Set of 4 cheap new or used 19x9 sized tyres, probably 255-35 or thereabouts.

Coilpacks and ignition loom, looking to stick with genuine nissan as they seem to be easily capable.

Hard intercooler piping kit, to replace the big ol' black ones.

AFM Deletion pipes as they seem to be called, along with MAP sensors i believe we'll be needing(Yay or nay?).

Rocker cover gaskets and some seal thing I was told goes under the center valley cover(Rocker covers and centre one are being chromed as we speak).

There's a small 90degree plastic hoses point on the firewall, right next to the brake booster that broke when removing the hose, anybody know what this is called?

Cheers for the help so far guys, plan is to have this car running by the 30th of this month, so hopefully we can get there and come check out some of the SAU activities soon after.

• 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• It's generally best practise to run 1x run without VCT enabled, then 1x run enabled till redline. Overlay the two torque graphs and you'll find the desired RPM to turn off VCT. Sometimes, it might be even worthwhile turning off VCT earlier control torque/cylinder pressure and using VCT purely to spool the turbo.
    • They sell them in Malaysia for about $4
    • First time I ever have issues with Amazon, but my wife often tells me to keep an eye out for fakes. It finally got me. I wrapped up the conversation with Gates. The gentlemen I was talking to seemed to hate his job but the response time on their technical support is outstanding. He stated that the hose is marked with some variation of "SAE J30R10" but that if you only purchase a 1 foot length like I did, it is possible to get a cut between markings and have a blank hose. To no ones surprise, he stated the swelling and "gummyness" isn't normal and to replace/buy from somewhere else (He mentioned NAPA). I'll toss a small end of the new one in gas for a few days before pulling the hanger out again, just to be safe.  Hose should arrive Monday. For those running multiple pump in tank hangers, you know the joys of getting them out and back in. I'm surprised I haven't destroyed my level float yet.  Lastly once I wrap all of this up, I'm planning on hitting the dyno again in 2 weeks while I'm on vacation. I realized recently that my VCT is set to turn off at 5000RPM. I'm surprised it wasn't increased while I was on the dyno last. I'm expecting I can increase it to ~6500RPM, if not more. Should hopefully get another 15-20kw out of it. I also want him to revisit my knock thresholds. I'm occasionally getting false knock around 3000rpm. 
    • I don't believe you.
    • All jokes aside, OP they're just called R32 oem rims as you said. The Nissan engineers back in the late 80's loosely copied the design from the Koya Driftek which was designed and produced about 18 years later.