SAU Community

T-H-A-N-K-S

GTR-N1

Kristian,

why haven't you made a thread about your car? I'd love to have a look at a few pics if you're ever up for it. Also, on the topic of N1s and special GTRs, does anyone know if there are any 400Rs in Aus?

When I get off my bum and get it tuned and tidied up a little, it's going in HPI, so you can read plenty about it then ;)

I know of one bloke who built what I think was a 400R replica (a very convincing one) after his real one got written off, it was competing in Targa Tas this year. Aside from that, I had someone sniffing around one for a little while, but I don't know of any already here.

Steve-o is right, Terry's N1 has mega presence on the road, and Eugene did a fantastic job with the detailing. Will be taking mine to him when it's due.

I can thank a few workshops for mine;

* Japlink at Haberfield for doing the PP inspection and also for helping with interstate compliance in record time, for not one but two cars over the past couple of months. (http://www.japlinkmotors.com.au/)

* Tunehouse at Marrickville for work done on my previous Skylines including great customer service working late to get a part fixed before my R33 GTR was used for a wedding the following day (http://www.tunehouse.com.au/)

Turned out to be a bit of a workshop recommendation post... but may need help from other SAUers on my car in the future and I'll hopefully be able to help out others too. :)

Okidoki... :)

6748244009_5d45028279_b.jpg

Japlink helped out with the compliancing on both of these cars for me.

When I brought the bimmer in, Todd said "why'd you buy that piece of sh*t" before doing the ident check and giving it the ok. I think it was a affectionate term...?

Edited by God_speed

Hey Matt, are your rims 19x10.5 +15? They look bigger than mine :(

:thumbsup:

I realise it's not the most imaginative combo (LMGT4 + R34) but it's one I've always loved, and I was fortunate enough to have the oppotunities converge.

I've got to thank Terry Ashwood for being the first owner to look after the car. The man is no stranger to maintaining a special car (or seven). Kept all documentation in check.

And massive thanks to Nick N who was the owner before me; used to own "JUN", the worked ADM BNR32. Couldn't have been a more enjoyable or smoother handover process, and he and his family helped us load up all the parts into our van (loaned to us by Todd at Japlink).

C'mon guys, would like to hear some more about who other guys would like to thank for their cars!

Thanks RPWR :)

Edited by God_speed

Eugene did a fantastic job with the detailing. Will be taking mine to him when it's due.

Great thread, will post up details of my R32 in due course, lots of people I need to thank! Very keen in the mean time to know more details about Eugene - where he's based/contact details etc.

Thanks in advance!

Great thread, will post up details of my R32 in due course, lots of people I need to thank! Very keen in the mean time to know more details about Eugene - where he's based/contact details etc.

Thanks in advance!

Hey scott, I'll send you a PM.

Cheers,

Matt

Was an absolute pleasure to detail Terry's ultra rare beast. The more time I spent, the more I fell in love with her.. I'm a massive fan of any car that wears a GT-R badge but to be graced with a vehicle of this calibre was incredible to say the least. This N1 is amazing in so many aspects. All paint and panels are perfectly original after a thorough paint thickness test. We all know the general thickness of Japanese cars are quite thin (around 100-170 microns) but did you know the N1 had super duper thin paint? Does anyone like to take a guess? :)

Was an absolute pleasure to detail Terry's ultra rare beast. The more time I spent, the more I fell in love with her.. I'm a massive fan of any car that wears a GT-R badge but to be graced with a vehicle of this calibre was incredible to say the least. This N1 is amazing in so many aspects. All paint and panels are perfectly original after a thorough paint thickness test. We all know the general thickness of Japanese cars are quite thin (around 100-170 microns) but did you know the N1 had super duper thin paint? Does anyone like to take a guess? :)

Hehe I can answer that, but I shan't spoil the party ;)

It also has clear glass instead of privacy glass because it's thinner/lighter too.

Hey Terry,well what can i say,seeing your beautifull new beast in the flesh today allmost left me like a stunned mullet.And when you took me for a drive it was totally amazeing,this r is just so lovely to be a passenger in,she is so quiet but when you give her a stab she has a lovely note from the zaust and throws you back in the seat. I hope your rim repair holds up and thank you for the lovely lunch and dinner,when i get over being awestruck by this gorgeous GTR i will take you up on the offer of a drive of her. Genelle. :cheers: