SAU Community

Hks Vs Kakimoto

I know this has been probably covered a million times but I would like to know seriously how much difference in drone/note am I looking at if I'm changing from my Trust Ti-R to 1 of the 2. I know they're probably still illegal but if they're 91dB, its probably good enough.

What I found from reading.

Hi-Power Slient

- Quieter than Regu 06&r

- Cheaper

- No sure does the catback come with a bung

Regu 06&r

- Quiet

- Nice RB note (1 of my mate's got a Kakimoto on his R32gtr but not Regu)

- Slightly more exp

- Nice rainbow tint but not so sure about the rounded edge of the tip

- Comes with bung and greatly reduce flow

Now my question is, is the diffference significant for the Regu to run with the bung in it in terms of flow and sound? Considering my car is "stock" running only 250awkw?

BTW, if anyone is looking for a mint condition (1 or 2 scratch at the bottom) Trust Ti-R for a R33 GTR let me know. I love the look and sound of it but cruising with it is becoming annoying. Thank you.

Ive got a mate with a Kakimoto twin muffler titanium system on his R34 gtr and it does sound good and is definatly a lot more quiet than my Ti-R system. Like you said, its probably not legal, but its close. And miles quieter than the Ti-R system.

Look at the Nismo systems if you are after something that could pass for legal.

Ive got a mate with a Kakimoto twin muffler titanium system on his R34 gtr and it does sound good and is definatly a lot more quiet than my Ti-R system. Like you said, its probably not legal, but its close. And miles quieter than the Ti-R system.

Look at the Nismo systems if you are after something that could pass for legal.

Cant really find anything Nismo. The only other Nismo I've seen on a Skyline (not a gtr) looks like crap. The tip is thicken and looks weird to me.

There's 2 types of HKS Hi-Power right?

One is full stainless with a cannon and hotdog

other is mild with cannon and oval muffler. Eric (Pal) on here has the latter and its fairly quiet though he's old and complains its too loud.... nyaanyaa.gif

Hks silent hi power in a rb25 r33 3" turbo back and high flow cat @ 1m and 45 degrees which is the rta check

i noted 91db at idle and 102.9 @ 4500rpm :( not silent like it is suppose to be

A mates apexi n1 full turbo back on a s15 and it was 91db @ 4500rpm and about 67-70 db @ idle.

Hks silent hi power in a rb25 r33 3" turbo back and high flow cat @ 1m and 45 degrees which is the rta check

i noted 91db at idle and 102.9 @ 4500rpm :( not silent like it is suppose to be

A mates apexi n1 full turbo back on a s15 and it was 91db @ 4500rpm and about 67-70 db @ idle.

102.9dB!? You must be shitting me. I think mines like 95dB at 4500rpm...

Is there not the Hi-power and Hi-power silent?

Yes there is. Hi-Power and Hi-Power Slient.

Kakimoto is perfect. Got the Regu on my car and you can barely hear it on idle. Driving around inside the cabin you can still talk to everyone without yelling, but when you open the taps it screams

Kakimoto is perfect. Got the Regu on my car and you can barely hear it on idle. Driving around inside the cabin you can still talk to everyone without yelling, but when you open the taps it screams

I'm actually leaning towards that. Did you remove the bung by any chance or did the r32 gtr model dont come with 1?

The regu 06 is redicoulosly quiet probably one of the quietest jap exhuasts you can get sounds like ass definately quieter than the hks. Also yes it has a welded in silencer in the cannon which reduces it down to 2 inch which I was one of the ones who discovered it and removed it but not only that the resonator they use has 2.25 inch inlet and outlet so its drops from 90mm diameter to 2.25inch.

In regards to flow for 250kw you wont find much difference when I did back to back from a straight exhuast and the kakimato with all the restrictors I lost about 8-10kw and that was running 260kw with the straight and about 250 with the kaki but yeah its basically stock sound so for a street car concerned about sound not a bad option if thats what your looking for but just know youve got a 2inch restrictors and 2.25 inch resi so as you increase power you will face restrictions. Imo no way is it worth paying 1300 for a system with restrictors making it quiet you might aswell get one made for a 1/4 of the price with restrictors.

That's a shame, I was thinking of getting one to be stealthy

Does the HKS one have these reducers and silencers?

Dont know about hks as havent physically looked at them, but if there redicoulosly quiet then chances are yes they probably do pretty much I would say all the ones that pass the jap jasma approval would have one since there all pretty quiet. I dont know about which hks guys are saying is really quiest the ones ive heard were mid noise range.

My friend's got a HKS JASMA system on his r34 and I have some unknown thingo with a JASMA plate on my r33 and his is deathly quiet compared to mine, no idea why.

They don't all seem to be the same, isn't the JASMA approval just an upper limit agreement for db's @ low revs?