SAU Community

How to install spring stoppers?

kAm

Hey all,

do any of you know the process of installing a set of spring stoppers to a set of adjustable coilovers?

I have a set of Kei Office height/camber adjustable coilovers which have rattling/clunking springs in the front when turrning at a slow speed. Will fitting a set of spring stoppers (also called helper springs?) to them stop the rattiling/clunking?

I have previously adjusted the coilovers to the right preload/tension desired and had eliminated the clunking but that was about a month ago and now the noises have returned.

So if any of you guys have any ideas, suggestions or answers to my questions then please feel free to comment on this thread. Any help appreciated.

Cheers :D

If you are making noise at slow speed cornering, I would suggest its not your springs. If springs are loose when the car is jacked up, they wont be when the car is lowered - as the car actually sits on the springs. Kei Office are also platform height adjustable (from memory?), so there is absolutely no reason why they should be loose in any way, as they can be set up for optimum shock travel even when lowered.

Perhaps it may pay to check all the bolts in your front geometry, start with the coilovers if they were the last thing you played with.

You may find the pillow ball in the shock is starting to get a little worn or the bushes in the upper link is getting tired, which is pretty common in older skylines