SAU Community

Front Vibrates Heavily After Fitting Spacers

So i just got 20mm specers all around and I noticed on the freeway at between 100-130+ kph the steering wheel would shake fairly strongly and I could feel the vibrations clearly from the front. I heard you could fit hub rings and that would help this problem, but when I rang the shop and ordered the spacers, they seemed to say (it was in japanese, so im not 100% sure) that as I have aftermarket rims I dont need it or they wouldnt fit, or something like that.

Can anyone clear this up?

What type of spacers are they hub centric? Few things you should try first the hub rings might help so there worth giving a set and always good to have a set on anyway, also when you tightened the spacers and rims did you do them in criss cross pattern sometimes when there not tightened like that it makes it slightly offcentre.

Do the rims have gaps for the studs that protrude from the spacers, not all rims will accept hud centric spacers, the rim may not be seated on the hub, remove a wheel and see if the studs are hitting the rear face of the wheel.

If they are hitting dont use them, your wheels can become lose and snap the studs, this will make your wheel fall off, this is bad !!!!!

It may be time to get some correct offset rims.

Or if you still have to use the spacers and the rims dont allow it youll have to grind down the studs on the hub by about 2-3mm if your using 20mm spacer so they are flush with the spacer, 25mm dont have that problem.

Im not sure what is hubcentric, so heres the link

spacers

and heres the hub rings

rings

the rims have indents for the wheels, and they seemed to fit on fine without touching

I also always tighten wheel nuts in a balanced fashion, so I would assume thats ok...

Yeah there hub centric ones. You have to make the hub rings you hsve are right for the rim and your hub. Most rims need a 73.1 od ring and nissan have 66.1 id hub ring so unless your rim has a 66.1 diameter youll need a ring to suit.