SAU Community

Advice On The Gt-Four And Gt-T

I am a first time poster but a long time reader of Skylines australia (Love you work). Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I am looking to import or buy locally (most likely import with iron chef) in about 6 months (enough time to save and do more reading and gain knowledge). I am looking at a 4 door skyline, either a Gt-Four or a Gt-t. It will be my daily driver and i am looking to keep it mainly stock except a few mods to the handling (ie no engine mods). I live in the Adelaide Hills so I'm always driving windy roads.

The attesa system on the Gt-four really appeals to me as i live in the hills and always driving the twisty roads :D but after being in my cousins Mitsubishi evo 6.5 I couldn't wipe the smile off my face once the turbo kicked in. So does the attesa system make that much of a difference or does the gt-t have the same kind of handling capability.

Is the Na Neo really that boring to drive in comparison to the Turbo.. Has anyone had experience in either or both?

What would you go with?

Thanks for your time.

Another option I was thinking was possibly a Infiniti G35 2003 or 2005 sedans. and styling it something like

http://www.canibeat.com/2010/04/alexs-twin-turbo-g35-sedan-by-marcus-cooke/

or

http://slammered-inc.com/2011/08/street-sweepin-sedan/

let me know what you guys think.

Cheers

R34 gtt ftw front engine rwd set-ups are fun....and you want a turbo car at the end of the day. the attessa system will just add weight to an already heavy car.

yes the NA's are that ordinary to drive. either go the turbo or none at all if you wan't something that puts a smile on your face. the attessa system won't really provide any gains over a standard GT in NA form as putting the power down won't be an issue

iirc the GT4 has same specs as GTV which has 5 stud and bigger brakes than a N/A GT model.

buy the four door GT4 and + T or 25/30 as they are sort after vehicles, im with 045HOW on this one.

That's incorrect. All R34 are 5 stud.

GTv has brakes from the GTt.

All ather n/a have the same brakes regardless if it is AWD or RWD.

na + t would be nice for a GT4 for something different, but cost is probably not worth it. GT4 models only come in auto and do not even have tiptronic. The GT4 was designed to be driven in snow, not really with perfomance in mind.

GTt is your best bet - roughly the same price and you have transmission of your choice.

I didn't realise the GT4 only came in auto... that rules that out then. Is there other models of the Gt-t? Such as factory xenons and aero body or is that still classed as a Gt-t but with factory extras?

Depends if it has an "X" behind the designation.

Eg.

GT-x

GTt-x

The "x" represents a premium model. Such as rear privacy glass, xenon headlights, premium stereo. For the GT-x you get front strut brace and LSD option as an available extra.

Ok nice. I shall be saving so i can get the GTt-x. What price bracket should i be looking at... i was thinking it would be about the $10,000 to $15,000 to get one in good condition then about $3000 for compliance and rwc.

Now to the fun stuff. Mods :) (after i have had the car compiled and all).

I want to keep the car looking as stock as possible as i don't want to get much attention from Adelaide's finest.... so what mods would pass through regency un-noticed (apologies if this is written somewhere else, still getting used to the forum search).

Ok nice. I shall be saving so i can get the GTt-x. What price bracket should i be looking at... i was thinking it would be about the $10,000 to $15,000 to get one in good condition then about $3000 for compliance and rwc.

Now to the fun stuff. Mods :) (after i have had the car compiled and all).

I want to keep the car looking as stock as possible as i don't want to get much attention from Adelaide's finest.... so what mods would pass through regency un-noticed (apologies if this is written somewhere else, still getting used to the forum search).

TBH - the price differences are gonna tiny (virtually non existent) - Reason being is most people don't even know there is an "x" model, unless you look at the original Japanese dealer's brochure. It's going to be down to the condition of the car. Many cars out there have had their Xenon headlights butchered at compliance, with normal halogens fitted. Just look arund i suppose. Try to buy from a known club member and you should have a reasonable ride. For sale section has plenty.

The cleanest and straightest examples are probably still in Japan - so if you are willing to pay more and wait, importing maybe the option.

As a GT-Four owner mine came factory manual. Has the small N/A brakes and is pretty slow. Mine over time grew the 3-4 gear crunch. Other then that didnt really have many problems. The RB26 bolts straight in. Front sway bar needs GTR items as well as caster rods. Comes with No rear sway bar but thats easy fix. Has all the usual GTR Attessa, G-sensor, slip light. Front Suspension is basically 33 GTR stuff where rear is S15/ R34 except comes with No Hicas.

agreed. i've seen a 4 door GT4 in perth before and it was a factory manual.

Must be very rare or only a few made :S

The original Nissan brochure shows it only as an auto with no option for manual or auto with tiptronic.

Mind blown....