SAU Community

Defi Gauges , Bf Series Vs The New * Racer Series*

Longz

the racer series arent new, they are just an alternative if you dont want to run the controller for whatever reason (ie. jewish) etc

the BF are the top range and the controller makes it easier to install and you can record readings etc with the controller

I have the B/F defi ones with the controller they ok, never use the controller tho and the daisy links do make them piss easy to install, Cant say im a big fan of defi gauges tho, Ive always like the clean simple like Autometer

post-89260-0-00875900-1328923902_thumb.jpg

lol autometer

it looks like they have just released the 2 new sizes in the racer series (60mm/80mm) in november 2011

when i bought my defi BF set 2 year ago, the racer guages were available then - not in 60 or 80mm though (lol 80mm is huge)

just depends if you want to wire them all in individually or have the daisey link setup

i have used the controller at the track to watch boost levels and fluid temps, when you finish a session you come back in and watch the recording its also good to check if your boost is spiking etc when you give it a squirt and cant look away from the road

not sure about the racer series but the BF you can also set alarms for each guage when they hit a certain level which is also pretty useful on the track and in general (if you bust a coolant hose for example)

Edited by mystery_kid

I have a Defi advance CR boost gauge and the controller kit which I haven't ended up using in either car yet - but I've taken it out of the box and checked it all out and I can certainly say I'm very impressed with how good they look, and being Defi you know they are going to be decent gauges!

I have an autometer in my gtst and sure it does the job but just doesnt look as nice >,<

lol autometer

it looks like they have just released the 2 new sizes in the racer series (60mm/80mm) in november 2011

when i bought my defi BF set 2 year ago, the racer guages were available then - not in 60 or 80mm though (lol 80mm is huge)

just depends if you want to wire them all in individually or have the daisey link setup

i have used the controller at the track to watch boost levels and fluid temps, when you finish a session you come back in and watch the recording its also good to check if your boost is spiking etc when you give it a squirt and cant look away from the road

not sure about the racer series but the BF you can also set alarms for each guage when they hit a certain level which is also pretty useful on the track and in general (if you bust a coolant hose for example)

Must admit the alarm feature that comes with the controller is quite handy, lets me know when my cars heating up more than usual, or when Im just creeping over 28psi